Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
It's pretty embarassing, in all honesty.

Ugh. I'm kind of surprised that Hoiberg is going this route. I mean, its possible he thinks he can "fix" these guys. And if by some miracle he can actually get some of the problem children to straighten up, then kudos to him and that's great. But unles Freddy is a miracle-worker, most of these guys won't change. They'll get in trouble again, and make a program that's been pretty clean historically look pretty bad.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
I will say again, that Allen, Babb, Booker, Lamb and White have had zero issues.

Justin can correct me on this but Booker had no issues off court with SIU as far as I'm aware. I don't blame the guy for leaving with the way CLo is flushing the program down the toilet.

Booker's issues was his foul trouble.

White has had no issues since being at ISU. But he clearly has had issues as far back as HS, when Bo Ryan stopped his recruitment. Korie Lucious is another player Bo Ryan did not even offer.

Say what you will, but there was a reason why an instate team didnt offer Lucious.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
Justin can correct me on this but Booker had no issues off court with SIU as far as I'm aware. I don't blame the guy for leaving with the way CLo is flushing the program down the toilet.

Booker's issues was his foul trouble.

Correct.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 06:07 PM)
Michigan has actually looked like a competitive basketball team the past couple of weeks. May make a nice NIT run.

If they could have somehow pulled out that OT loss to Kansas, I think they'd actually have a tourney chance. A win there may have prevented one or two of the following bad Big Ten losses too.

Just read a great stat to cheer up Illini fans. In Big Ten games, Illinois is 2nd in FG% offense, 1st in FG% defense.

Has to be the worst shooting half in the history of basketball. Wisconsin was 2-19 at one point and had more offensive rebounds than points. Even with a 3 pointer being waived off and horrific shooting, Wisconsin is barely down at Iowa.

Hopefully Wisconsin shoots 30% the second half and comes out with a victory.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
Has to be the worst shooting half in the history of basketball. Wisconsin was 2-19 at one point and had more offensive rebounds than points. Even with a 3 pointer being waived off and horrific shooting, Wisconsin is barely down at Iowa.

Hopefully Wisconsin shoots 30% the second half and comes out with a victory.

Most likely they are looking past Iowa, Bo will refocus them for the second half.

Its just wide open shots not going in. Leur, Nankivil and Taylor are 3-24.

Youd think that some of those guys can shoot that well with 1 hand.

(edit)

I guess im saying that I wish it was that they seemed unfocused and was something that could be easily fixed. Just watching how bad they shot im hoping for the law of averages.

Edited by Soxbadger

Wisconsin is going to lose to Iowa.

Unbelievable but they just wont get it done. Not going to change anything in terms of the season, just will make the game against OSU not as important because who cares if you beat OSU if you cant beat Iowa. This team can be so frustrating.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Wisconsin is going to lose to Iowa.

Unbelievable but they just wont get it done. Not going to change anything in terms of the season, just will make the game against OSU not as important because who cares if you beat OSU if you cant beat Iowa. This team can be so frustrating.

At least your team hasn't lostevery single games this year that came down to the final minute. At Wisconsin is the only game that Illinois lost all year that they didn't have a chance to win in the final minute.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
No but they did lose to MSU when they were up by 9 with less than 2 minutes left.

Its just hard to imagine that a team can be so much different on the road when it comes to shooting.

You should look up Illinois's stats this year. Ridiculous home road split.