Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 04:07 AM)
That's an exaggeration but ya Utah State really isn't all that great, that I agree with you on. That's one of the few times you'll see an overrated mid major, mostly because Utah State has definitely earned a reputation the last few years.

I agree, Utah State has definitely carved its niche as a 20-25th ranked team even though they don't beat anyone.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
I agree, Utah State has definitely carved its niche as a 20-25th ranked team even though they don't beat anyone.

Everyone knows that I'm a mid major guy but if they don't win the WAC tourny, there's no way in hell they deserve an at large, but they'll probably slide in like UTEP did last year but unlike last years Miners, Utah State doesn't even pass the eye test.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
Everyone knows that I'm a mid major guy but if they don't win the WAC tourny, there's no way in hell they deserve an at large, but they'll probably slide in like UTEP did last year but unlike last years Miners, Utah State doesn't even pass the eye test.

I was looking through Utah St.'s game logs from the last few years and they play basically nothing but awful basketball teams all year long and outside of a victory against BYU last year whenever they face a real team they lose.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Nice win, payback for last years loss in Champaign. How many point blank layups did Minnesota miss though? Bad.

It looked like the most intense game Illinois has played in quite awhile though, McCamey finally played with a purpose.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
It looked like the most intense game Illinois has played in quite awhile though, McCamey finally played with a purpose.

If they had played with that intensity all year they would have at least 4 more wins (IU, UIC, PSU, NW) and would be ranked around 10th in the country.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
ND has been surprising. I was pretty devastated that Wisconsin lost to them early in the season as I couldnt believe it. In retrospect that loss isnt nearly as bad.

Some day, they will get the monkey off of their back and actually beat Kentucky.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
I understand beating the number 1 team is great and you want to rush the court, but wisconsin was the favorite.

It's f***in dumb, not to mention the stupid overrated chant at the end of the game. Great win for the Badgers but like usual, fans acting like morons.