Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
And the overrated chant is stupid as well because obviously OSU is one of the best teams in the nation.

But they are drunk college students what do you expect.

I'm not even going after the Wiscy fans necessarily because it happens everywhere, those are just two things in sports that piss me off. I'll never forget during our s16 year when we beat an unranked Wichita State team at home and fans started the overrated chant, I was quite embarrassed. As for this game, why rush the court if you're beating an overrated team anyways?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
I hate rushing the court elitism. I would rush the court against Savannah State if people came with me.

Ok.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to explain to ESPN that its not an "upset" when the team that was favored wins the game.

Great win for Wisco. They just don't lose at the Kohl Center. (unless Bruce Weber is on the other sideline :P )

I don't like rushing the court usually, but if you do beat the #1 undeafeted team in the country, it doesn't bother me too much.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
I hate rushing the court elitism. I would rush the court against Savannah State if people came with me.

I partly agree with you. Who cares if a student crowd rushes the court after a big win like today? They are college kids. If the school allows it, let them do it.

Again, meaningful wins. Not Savannah State. Then I would be with the other "Anti Storm the Floor" snobs.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
I partly agree with you. Who cares if a student crowd rushes the court after a big win like today? They are college kids. If the school allows it, let them do it.

Again, meaningful wins. Not Savannah State. Then I would be with the other "Anti Storm the Floor" snobs.

Didn't know so many would take offense, but yes, I agree. The Savannah State thing was kind of a joke. Point remains is, as you said, these are college kids. It's something fun to do so they're going to do it. I don't think they put much stock in history of the programs, or exact quality of the win.

Going on a rant here, but I also hate when people complain about classless chants from student sections. Don't get me wrong, there are things that go to far, but it was funny to see outrage to Wisky's chants of "Diebler swallows" today. I don't know what people expect from a bunch of 20 year old drunken males. I mean, a big point of them is to get under the opponents' skin This is why Maryland will always be my favorite student section and my own school, Illinois, will be my least.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Going on a rant here, but I also hate when people complain about classless chants from student sections. Don't get me wrong, there are things that go to far, but it was funny to see outrage to Wisky's chants of "Diebler swallows" today. I don't know what people expect from a bunch of 20 year old drunken males. I mean, a big point of them is to get under the opponents' skin This is why Maryland will always be my favorite student section and my own school, Illinois, will be my least.

For some odd reason, this just reminded me of the best sign I ever saw in a crowd. About ten years ago in East Lansning, someone had a sign that said "Cook's mom gives Luther Head"

Heh, someone on College Gameday at Florida a couple weeks ago snuck in a sign that said "You can't spell cocksucker without UK"

Also, here's a good article on Royce White and how he, again, has been in no trouble and has been a perfect fit in Ames. He did whatever in the Twin Cities, but he's fitting in well now.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/2...s-with-Cyclones

If I was at a game in college and people started storming, you better believe Im on the court with them.

Also here are some clips from the Wisconsin/OSU after the game. Sullinger has been saying that he was spit on, but there has been absolutely no evidence. Further hurting the credibility of his statement was that he never said anything during or after the game, only tweeted about it.

If it did happen, I wish Sullinger would have immediately gone to security and had the fan permanently banned from all Wisconsin games. Unfortunately its looking more and more like it did not happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoiKAVOMeYo

Judge for yourselves.

The second clip is from the OSU sideline and you can clearly see a wall of security between the fans and the players.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
If I was at a game in college and people started storming, you better believe Im on the court with them.

Also here are some clips from the Wisconsin/OSU after the game. Sullinger has been saying that he was spit on, but there has been absolutely no evidence. Further hurting the credibility of his statement was that he never said anything during or after the game, only tweeted about it.

If it did happen, I wish Sullinger would have immediately gone to security and had the fan permanently banned from all Wisconsin games. Unfortunately its looking more and more like it did not happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoiKAVOMeYo

Judge for yourselves.

The second clip is from the OSU sideline and you can clearly see a wall of security between the fans and the players.

I believe him. He is a pretty humble, intelligent kid. i doubt he would just make something like that up.

I generally would believe a player. But the evidence is some what overwhelming. In the second shot you can clearly see Sullinger walk off the court. The entire time he makes no motions to indicate that he has been spit on (if you are spit on you will have an immediate reaction as well as the wiping off reaction.)

Now its possible that after the shot ends he is spit on. But his claim was that some one spit in his face during the court storming. From the tape its clear that there was a wall of security between him and any fan. In order for a fan to have spit in his face they would have had to spit through security.

Dont you think that would have gotten some attention?

If some one spits in my face, there is going to be an immediate unmistakable reaction.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Richmond continues to be just about the most unlikeable college basketball player I can remember. Brandon Paul looking great...he really needs to be the go-to guy for Illinois.

pretty sure every good team has a guy like him. he just talks, which is fine unless he fails to back it up. normally he does.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
pretty sure every good team has a guy like him. he just talks, which is fine unless he fails to back it up. normally he does.

What does he have, 3 techs and an intentional foul this year? He's just so immature on the court.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
What does he have, 3 techs and an intentional foul this year? He's just so immature on the court.

Meh. He averages 8 pts and 5 rebounds in like 20 min. I'll take the once every 6 game stupid technical if he performs like that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Richmond continues to be just about the most unlikeable college basketball player I can remember. Brandon Paul looking great...he really needs to be the go-to guy for Illinois.

Richmond, like a lot of players and coaches at Illinois, does seem unlikable. But, you know, there's lots of players in recent memory with the same level of obnoxiousness. DeMarcus Cousins comes to mind, although at least he had a dominant game to along with the arrogance.

Paul should start. McCamey should be on the bench. It's mind-boggling how McCamey's game has disappeared. He doesn't seem injured but the difference between the non-conference season and now is enough to make you wonder if there isn't an underlying physical reason behind the decline. Right now, Paul is a better point guard which is shocking.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
lol, great seal by Moore. Literally was grabbing Richardson's shorts. Ridiculous.

Purdue is very physical on D...lots of hand-checking and contact. That's not a complaint -- I think it's good coaching and particularly good strategy against Illinois who can't handle the ball. But I do think it's interesting that some teams can play that style without the officials lowering the boom and other teams rack up touch foul after touch foul. I don't really get why that is...

And lest anyone think otherwise, I think Illinois lost this game today because Purdue is a much better team, not because of officiating. I'm not complaining the officials being unfair....

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Weber sent a great message to his team but starting McCamey and Tisdale over the guys that deserve to start.

Ugh, I'm so sick of hearing Illini fans (not on this site, but other boards) want to see Leonard play over Tisdale. Leonard is terrible, and whenever he was in today, Johnson schooled him. Illini fans need to realize that this team will do or die based on how McCamey plays.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Weren't some fans thinking Meyers could be a one and done? The dude is so bad everytime I see him. Seems like he has a ton of potential, he just plays dumb and does more whining with Richmond than anything else.

How dare you make fun of the White Dwight Howard!