Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 05:18 PM)
I keep telling you not to get that excited with Chris Allen. He basically was a bust at Michigan State. White's the one with the exciting potential, IMO.

It's still a different fit for him.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
Exactly what I was thinking fathom. He is the reason OSU is down right now.

If there was ever a play on the take, it's Thomas in this game. His missed FT couldn't have been more of a brick, and for a guy shooting 83 percent on the year, that was very interesting.

Normally I wouldn't be interested because polls are irrelevant in basketball (heck of a concept lol), but all the top four teams lost this week. Who is your new No. 1? Clearly none of the top five or so aren't playing especially well because 4 of them lost this week and Duke is probably just on par with Ohio State, Texas and Kansas.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
Normally I wouldn't be interested because polls are irrelevant in basketball (heck of a concept lol), but all the top four teams lost this week. Who is your new No. 1? Clearly none of the top five or so aren't playing especially well because 4 of them lost this week and Duke is probably just on par with Ohio State, Texas and Kansas.

I think Texas is the best team in the country but I'd say Kansas deserves to be ranked 1 at this point.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
I think Texas is the best team in the country but I'd say Kansas deserves to be ranked 1 at this point.

Im with this.

If Duke wins tonight, I wouldn't be shocked to see them #1 even though it would be a sham.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
Coach K gets a T, and then GT gets 5 straight fouls called on them. Shocking.

No fouls called in final 10 minutes of first half against Duke. And I don't think there's enough green in the world for my "GT will win tonight". They could have J. Jack, Thad Young, Favors, Bosh, and Morrow on the court and Hewitt would still find a way to lose.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
No fouls called in final 10 minutes of first half against Duke. And I don't think there's enough green in the world for my "GT will win tonight". They could have J. Jack, Thad Young, Favors, Bosh, and Morrow on the court and Hewitt would still find a way to lose.

I actually thought you were serious in the "this team is so bad and disappointing that once they finally reach the point where my expectations couldn't be any lower, they beat some ridiculously talented team" mindset.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 01:55 AM)
I actually thought you were serious in the "this team is so bad and disappointing that once they finally reach the point where my expectations couldn't be any lower, they beat some ridiculously talented team" mindset.

Hell no, they've absolutely quit. Things have gotten so ridiculous with the program that members of the AD openly talk about who the next coach will be in front of Hewitt at AD meetings. Hewitt is gone around March 11th.

So glad ESPN put Kansas on Big Monday again. Instead of the trying to match the quality of Big East games you get every week, most of the time it's Kansas beating up on some mediocre team in Lawrence. At least show them on the road so there's a chance it's competitive. Yeesh.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
So glad ESPN put Kansas on Big Monday again. Instead of the trying to match the quality of Big East games you get every week, most of the time it's Kansas beating up on some mediocre team in Lawrence. At least show them on the road so there's a chance it's competitive. Yeesh.

Like last Monday?

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
Rumors are that they actually do dislike each other.

You have a hard-on for any negative report about Richmond. Did he steal an ex-girlfriend of yours or something?

Weber's halftime interview pretty much sums it up. He's lost this team.