Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
Don't get the Jimmer love. The guy has short Adam Morrison written all over him if you ask me.

I think he's a better player than Morrison, especially a better shooter, but I understand the comparison.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 01:09 AM)
Don't get the Jimmer love. The guy has short Adam Morrison written all over him if you ask me.

What's not to love? The only thing him and Adam Morrison have in common is that they could both shoot and are both white.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)

I hoe Jimmer doesn't get hurt. Some people said the same about Curry a few years ago.

It's funny cuz we would all hate Jimmer if he was on Duke or NC. Ha

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
Must be nice.

Yeah NIU fired their coach too and I was thrilled about that. Congrats to fathom on finally getting rid of his nemesis! As for SIU and Illinois, their days will come. Perhaps at this time next year!

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
So does Illinois get in or not guys? Lunardi is the best in the business and he says yes right now, so I will say yes until he says otherwise. They will probably benefit from a horrible bunch of bubble teams this year.

Lunardi is only the best because he hears everything last minute and changes his bracket to reflect that at the end.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
So does Illinois get in or not guys? Lunardi is the best in the business and he says yes right now, so I will say yes until he says otherwise. They will probably benefit from a horrible bunch of bubble teams this year.

Every single bracketologist has them in. Usually as a 10 or 11.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Every single bracketologist has them in. Usually as a 10 or 11.

But if Dayton wins the A-10, Boise wins the WAC or Penn State wins today, Illinois could be looking at one of the play in games.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Lunardi is only the best because he hears everything last minute and changes his bracket to reflect that at the end.

Yeah he's an absolute joke. Don't even look at his bracket projections until Sunday when he starts getting calls from selection committee members and makes several changes to his projections all of a sudden. Plus, only about half a dozen or so "bubble" teams make it and the other 50 some odd teams are auto bids or obvious at large picks. The fact he's so popular is laughable, he basically goes 5 for 6 on bubble teams every year with insider info helping him.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
Yeah he's an absolute joke. Don't even look at his bracket projections until Sunday when he starts getting calls from selection committee members and makes several changes to his projections all of a sudden. Plus, only about half a dozen or so "bubble" teams make it and the other 50 some odd teams are auto bids or obvious at large picks. The fact he's so popular is laughable, he basically goes 5 for 6 on bubble teams every year with insider info helping him.

I used to think this, but he moved Illinois from out to in on Selection Sunday last year and he was wrong.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
I used to think this, but he moved Illinois from out to in on Selection Sunday last year and he was wrong.

Makes sense to me. Illinois was probably a team that the committee was split on right down to the end, and he just didn't get that magic phone call to help him out.

WOW Princeton beats Harvard in the 1 game, neutral site playoff for The Ivy League by 1 point on a shot at the buzzer. Harvard has an RPI of 32 and a great overall record, but has basically no shot at an at-large. Which is too bad, becuase I could argue they're better than some of the mediocre big boys that'll be among the last in.

Also, Penn State is in now. I think the discussion now might be will Michigan or Illinois be among the first four play in games. Although if shenanigans keep happening (Dayton wins A-10, Utah State loses their conference title game), a bid of any kind might be in peril for Michigan or Illinois.

Edited by whitesoxfan101