Fuentes to Twins

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)

I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more comments. This is something we could have blocked, and with Thornton down, he could have helped us if the block backfired. Right now, bullpen is an even greater need than DH. WTF?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:54 AM)
Have you noticed how badly Fuentes has pitched this year?

He's not worth the money he will be making...besides the fact that he seems to blame the fans in LA for his failures (see article at yahoo sports)

Yeah, I've heard about how bad he's been this year (don't get a chance to watch West Coast teams that often), but I checked his line before posting, and it sure looked like something that could help us in our current state, IF the Angels called our block--and it looks like they held out to get something in trade from the Twins, so in hindsight the block might have worked.

It's just frustrating how it seems some players aren't good enough to play for the White Sox. but yet get acquired by the team ahead of them that they can never beat.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
I would hardly say he is a crappy pick-up. He is not as good as he used to be, but I can't think of any team that couldn't use Brian Fuentes.

Seriously. The pick-up doesn't scare me, but the Twins bullpen w/ Brian Fuentes is better than without him. It sure as hell can't be called a crappy pick-up, any decent bullpen arm is always a good acquisition.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Seriously. The pick-up doesn't scare me, but the Twins bullpen w/ Brian Fuentes is better than without him. It sure as hell can't be called a crappy pick-up, any decent bullpen arm is always a good acquisition.

Going from Perkins to Fuentes is an upgrade

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
Fuentes is not that good. Kind of a crappy pickup by the Twins. Can't wait to see him come in and get rocked.

this

and LOL at 2 million remaining on his deal, the dude sucks and i think it's hilarious the twins picked him up

they didnt just pick up Scott Downs here, its f***ing Brian Fuentes

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
Going from Perkins to Fuentes is an upgrade

going from green poop to brown poop is also an upgrade. it's also still poop

Edited by Real

Fuentes has dominated lefties this season, as they're barely hitting over .100 against him. He also has an ERA around 2 since the ASB. He'll be a good fit for the Twins bullpen, as Gardenhire will likely use him in good situations.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
I guess that's an accurate description of John Rauch.

Its always the Twins middle relievers that seem to baffle the sox this year. They have scored on Capps and Rauch(they even got a run off Fuentes this year too), its Crain, Manship, Duensing and Guerrier that just shut the Sox down completely.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Its always the Twins middle relievers that seem to baffle the sox this year. They have scored on Capps and Rauch(they even got a run off Fuentes this year too), its Crain, Manship, Duensing and Guerrier that just shut the Sox down completely.

Crain's been unbelievable for them the last couple of months.