we won the series

IndySoxFan

we had to give up close to 30 hits for the series.... the sox got lucky in that alot of their hits were really long.

KC played small ball really well.... hopefully the bats stay hot and our pitchers throw better at home next week

i dont think KC is going to go away quietly

I guess you're one of those fans that's never satisfied...C'mon man.  We came into their crib and swept that ass.  We gave up some hits but c'mon now.  Our pitching has been carrying us all year.  We're not givin up the runs...That's what's important...

i am not a negative guy, but sweeping KC ....

i went to my first game in 1977..... we have swept KC a couple of times since then.... big deal

i will be satisfied when i see these guys win a post season series

that said... i am having fun watching these guys play ball right now :bringit

our pitching was fine -

as I recall our starters gave up 3, 4, and 3 in order -

White gave up 3 in the 1st game

bullpen gave up 0 2nd game,

and bullpen surrendered 3 in the 3rd game -

so essentially our bullpen only gave up 3 runs since I discount White as any part of "us" in the future

so all looks ok enough to me

Isn't that the way I heard it should be . . .

We have awesome offense and pitching was questionable after Mark and Bart and we were still going to win the division. I think the pitching is about what we expected coming in, just different guys stepping up. E-Lo picking up for Mark. We are still shaky at closing but there is still time for someone to catch fire the last couple of weeks and bring it home in the post season.

i am not a negative guy, but sweeping KC ....

i went to my first game in 1977..... we have swept KC a couple of times since then.... big deal

i will be satisfied when i see these guys win a post season series

that said... i am having fun watching these guys play ball right now :bringit

When you come into their house trailing them by 4 games, and sweep their ass, it is a big deal. Hopefully, the Sox get take 2 out of 3 at Seattle, and sweep KC back home. This was the most important series of the year so far, and the Sox stepped up. If the Sox would have been swept,this season would have been, for all intents and purposes, over. So cheer up, we have meaningful games to watch for the next 2 months.

Actually it is a lot more typical for pitching to give up a lot more hits when their team scores a lot of runs. The pitchers throw a lot more first pitch fastballs challenging the hitters and trying to get them to put the ball into play. Also you tend to use you back of the bullpen pitchers a lot more in a blowout. The fact that we gave up a lot of hits isn't a big surprise.

The biggest part of the series was us staying in the game and winning it in the 11th yesterday. After blowing a 5-3 lead in the last 2 innings, we could have easily rolled over and settled for 2 out of 3 in the series, but we battled and went on to win 8-6 and get the much needed sweep. Like Sandy said after the game, if we lose that game, we go into Seattle (a place that we've historically struggled) still 3 back in the division. Instead, we pull it out, and now we're just 1 game out. Earlier in the season, we would have lost both games 2 and 3 (when we were down 4-1 early, and a close game late on the road). The fact that we won both of them shows those doubters that this Sox team has a legitimate shot.

The Sox were down 2-0 in the first 2 games, and 4-1 at one point in the second game. Also, blew a 2 run lead in game 3. Earlier this season, these were games that would have been lost. Hopefully, they have turned the corner completely, and will bring home the Central crown. I believe they have and will.

Actually it is a lot more typical for pitching to give up a lot more hits when their team scores a lot of runs.  The pitchers throw a lot more first pitch fastballs challenging the hitters and trying to get them to put the ball into play.  Also you tend to use you back of the bullpen pitchers a lot more in a blowout.  The fact that we gave up a lot of hits isn't a big surprise.

Correct, correct, correct.

Scoring runs put pitchers at ease, and allows them to challenge hitters and not have to be so fine trying to make perfect pitches. They can throw fewer pitches, but trying to get the hitters to put them in play.

That's why you rarely see a 14-0 shutout.

Don't worry about the pitching staff. They have delivered all year. Worry about the offense and keeping the hot bats going to the close of the season. As I remember, the bats were what abandoned the team in 2000 vs. Seattle.

The Sox are white hot at exactly the right time. When thier schedule is the most difficult. Playing well against the top division of teams will be a great confidence builder if the Sox win the Central (I don't want to jinx them). Nobody wants to play the White Sox right now - they are dangerous. The Seattle series will be a good test for them and a measuring stick for the rest of the year.

I was going to use a quote here, but everyone has good points. I think the thing to be happy about is the fact that even though our pitching wasn't that sharp our offense picked them up. Look at the scores of 9-6, 15-4 and 8-6 in 11. The offense has been doing it since the all-star break and right now is the right time to be doing it. Pitching will from time to time slip and then rebound. Offense is the same way and that when one has to pick up the other. We have also had the pitching and hitting doing good at the same time. I feel real good about this team and its chances of winning.

I guess you're one of those fans that's never satisfied...C'mon man.  We came into their crib and swept that ass.  We gave up some hits but c'mon now.  Our pitching has been carrying us all year.  We're not givin up the runs...That's what's important...

:rolleyes: