08/29/10 - Yankees(Nova) Vs Sox(Floyd)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
Yep greg, he was the hero last night. Please quote one post that said as much.

Read the end of the thread where I was ripping him for using that ridiculously large bat and his K to walk ratio in his career. You'd have thought I was defending Wise or Kotsay.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
He cannot hit pitchers with decent stuff. A lot of the damage he's done this year has been against mediocre pitching.

i would have much rather seen Lexi swinging on 2-0 instead of having the bases juiced. I'm sure ozzie felt the same way.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
i would have much rather seen Lexi swinging on 2-0 instead of having the bases juiced. I'm sure ozzie felt the same way.

I would have much rather seen Beckham not be batting 9th...but we don't make the f***ing lineup.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Read the end of the thread where I was ripping him for using that ridiculously large bat and his K to walk ratio in his career. You'd have thought I was defending Wise or Kotsay.

Who the hell cares what kind of bat he uses? That's a hitter's preference. And nobody said he was a great hitter, you don't judge a hitter's ability based on BB/K ratio, that's not the end all be all whatsoever.

Edited by chw42

Is Sale ready to pitch against the Yankees in this situation? I guess we'll find out.

Teahen, Kotsay...doesn't really matter, they're just average and below-average MLB players, I don't expect that much out of them. There were never reasons to believe either player should be starting on a VERY GOOD team.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
years from now people are going to look back at this season and wonder what the hell Kenny was thinking when he essentially went with the equivalent of a Royals DH platoon and felt he could win with it

And people will link a clip to The Club in which Ozzie confirmed to KW that he thought his plan would work. Both deserve a lot of blame...and I'm sorry, but FINALLY acquiring Manny when the team is possible 5 or 6 games out of first place is just a bunch of crap by KW. Talk about being late to the punch. The time to acquire a hitter was at the trade deadline when this team still had momentum.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
And people will link a clip to The Club in which Ozzie confirmed to KW that he thought his plan would work. Both deserve a lot of blame...and I'm sorry, but FINALLY acquiring Manny when the team is possible 5 or 6 games out of first place is just a bunch of crap by KW. Talk about being late to the punch. The time to acquire a hitter was at the trade deadline when this team still had momentum.

And this, too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Is Sale ready to pitch against the Yankees in this situation? I guess we'll find out.

Teahen, Kotsay...doesn't really matter, they're just average and below-average MLB players, I don't expect that much out of them. There were never reasons to believe either player should be starting on a VERY GOOD team.

Teahen will be the Sox starting third baseman next year which will not be good.

I'd rather convince Omar to stay another year at the age of 50.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
Teahen will be the Sox starting third baseman next year which will not be good.

I'd rather convince Omar to stay another year at the age of 50.

I'm fine with Omar returning next season, but by no means should it be as a starting player. You've seen some of the issues with making him your starting 3b when you have to play Lillibridge at 3b against C.C.