The September Call Ups

Quin

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
He seemed good at calling a game and on defense. We have plenty of room for a guy like that for the last month, I'd think.

He started 5 games, our starting pitchers in those games had a total of 1 quality start. By all accounts Lucy does call a good game but it didn't exactly manifest itself during his brief stint earlier this season.

The odds of either of these guys getting a start are slim, you carry the better player (which Flowers is) and the real prospect who you might want to get a look at in blowouts and batting practice (once again: Flowers).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
He seemed good at calling a game and on defense. We have plenty of room for a guy like that for the last month, I'd think.

I'm a pretty big Lucy fan, I think he can be a capable major league backup C, for those reasons mostly. But he's not on the 40 I don't believe, and they weren't going to bump off a serious prospect for him. That's why he's not here. But you may very well seem him on the club in 2011.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
I'm a pretty big Lucy fan, I think he can be a capable major league backup C, for those reasons mostly. But he's not on the 40 I don't believe, and they weren't going to bump off a serious prospect for him. That's why he's not here. But you may very well seem him on the club in 2011.

I did not know he wasn't on the 40.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)

When did they take him off of the 40?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
He is.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
When did they take him off of the 40?

well, s***, I thought after his injury in 2008, in 2009 he cleared waivers and was sent to AAA without having to be on the 40. Did they put him back? I stand corrected.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
well, s***, I thought after his injury in 2008, in 2009 he cleared waivers and was sent to AAA without having to be on the 40. Did they put him back? I stand corrected.

He started the season on the 25 man roster, my friend.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
AJ has shown zero interest so far in teaching anything to any potential replacement.

He doesn't need to ''teach him'' as far as talking to him. Tyler has eyes or he could look at tape. (pitch calls, diffrent situations, etc.)

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
He doesn't need to ''teach him'' as far as talking to him. Tyler has eyes or he could look at tape. (pitch calls, diffrent situations, etc.)

As much as AJ drives me crazy at the plate, I have seen the difference in the way he calls a game and the way Castro does. AJ seems to have a much greater knowledge of what to call and when, and perhaps that comes from the steady playing time he has logged in our division over the course of the last 6 years.

It would be nice if he could share some of that knowledge with Tyler.