Sox @ Indians

Heads22

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
If he's in LA, figure the earliest he could even be on the plane is an hour from now, 3pm CT. That's 1pm LA time, 4pm Cleveland time. Its a 4+ hour flight, that makes it 8pm CLE before he even lands. 9pm earliest arrival at the stadium. Manny would have to have gotten on a plane (any kind of plane) by 10:30am LA time (12:30pm here) to have even had a shot at it.

There's always fighter jets!

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
There's always fighter jets!

OK sure, maybe there's an SR-71 still sitting around in Cali somewhere. Put Manny in a space suit, stick him in there, and get him to Cleveland in 45 minutes. Talk about a great moment in the press - Manny climbing out of a Blackbird on the tarmac in Cleveland, pulling off his flight suit to reveal a White Sox uniform, before getting into a limo for the park.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
OK sure, maybe there's an SR-71 still sitting around in Cali somewhere. Put Manny in a space suit, stick him in there, and get him to Cleveland in 45 minutes. Talk about a great moment in the press - Manny climbing out of a Blackbird on the tarmac in Cleveland, pulling off his flight suit to reveal a White Sox uniform, before getting into a limo for the park.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
BNightengale

#mlb #whitesox #dodgers Manny waited for deal to be finalized before leaving for Cleveland. Flight lands tonite, but too late for game.

:angry:

Way to take way the f*** too long to get this s*** done.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
IMO you need to find a lineup that punishes a pitcher for pitching around konerko or manny, manny 3, konerko 4, quentin 5, rios 6, imo.

Theres no way I'm batting Rios less than 5th. He has been money all year with 2 outs with RISP. Perfect RBI guy if Konerko and/or Manny for some reason couldn't get the job done.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
Man I hope this clown retires after this season.

Granpappy Manny?

Grandmanny?

Granny?

Ozzie, the f***er has hardly played the last two months, we have 30 some games left, quit f***ing around.

I can see it already. We're going to see Manny 3 out of every 5 games, when he should be the starting DH every night until his leg falls off.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
Ozzie

I was referring to old-man Manny needing rest in Ozzie's eyes. My quote of yours and subsequent post was an utter failure.

f***ing OZZIE, I'm so done with him. Manny should play every god damn game at DH until we're eliminated or there's champagne flying.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
I was referring to old-man Manny needing rest in Ozzie's eyes. My quote of yours and subsequent post was an utter failure.

f***ing OZZIE, I'm so done with him. Manny should play every god damn game at DH until we're eliminated or there's champagne flying.

No kidding. How can you get tired from DHing every day? Plus there are some off days during the month.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
No kidding. How can you get tired from DHing every day? Plus there are some off days during the month.

Oh come on, we all saw Thome wear down the last year or two as a regular DH. I was at the top of the list saying he needed to rest more.

I'd like to say "but Manroid has only taken 200 PA's this season!" in response...but he's also been banged up all year, and his body has taken a decade long chemical beating.

What's better...having him for a 1 month, playing him for 2 weeks and then having him pull another calf muscle running the bases, or sitting him for a couple days?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 04:52 PM)
Oh come on, we all saw Thome wear down the last year or two as a regular DH. I was at the top of the list saying he needed to rest more.

I'd like to say "but Manroid has only taken 200 PA's this season!" in response...but he's also been banged up all year, and his body has taken a decade long chemical beating.

What's better...having him for a 1 month, playing him for 2 weeks and then having him pull another calf muscle running the bases, or sitting him for a couple days?

He's hasn't played in almost a week. Why would he need tomorrow off?