Beckham X-Rays Negative

hi8is

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
That's good, and I hope you guys are right.

Here's another thing to think about. Bobby's performances get worse as his chin thing gets bigger.

Let's keep things positive:

There is a positive relationship between the size of Bobby's billy goat beard and his ERA/WHIP.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
I thought they changed Manny's premiere to Wednesday?

He will definitely be in uniform tomorrow night.

I think Ozzie will want to get him into the line-up as quickly as possible, especially with Beckham likely to be out for at least one game and maybe two since Wed is a day game and then we have an offday on Thursday.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
Kotsay?

Peavy, Quentin's plantar fasciitis, Threets' elbow, Mitchell, Phegley, Thompson and Beckham's hand.

And he prevents Chris Sale from going down like Strasburg EVER...it's kind of scary, many, including Don Cooper, predicted when he was drafted that his elbow wouldn't last very long. Hopefully Chris will put on some weight over time and build up some more arm strength, just not bulkiness.

It's scary to think of Sale throwing even harder, then you'd have another Randy Johnson...either Sale or Aroldis Chapman.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:52 PM)
Peavy, Quentin's plantar fasciitis, Threets' elbow, Mitchell, Phegley, Thompson and Beckham's hand.

And he prevents Chris Sale from going down like Strasburg EVER...it's kind of scary, many, including Don Cooper, predicted when he was drafted that his elbow wouldn't last very long. Hopefully Chris will put on some weight over time and build up some more arm strength, just not bulkiness.

It's scary to think of Sale throwing even harder, then you'd have another Randy Johnson...either Sale or Aroldis Chapman.

Sale already was hitting 99...if he got some muscle...wow.

Edited by Quinarvy

@cst_sox - The X-ray tech here originally told Beckham his hand was broke. He was wrong. Beckham not happy with it. "The guy actually came out of the x-ray room saying it’s broken. I’m like, ‘How is that possible?’ '' Beckham. "Then he said, ‘No it’s not.’ Are you kidding me? That’s Rookie League.’’ Beckham. Obviously all the good X-ray techs in Cleveland have also taken their talents to South Beach.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)
@cst_sox - The X-ray tech here originally told Beckham his hand was broke. He was wrong. Beckham not happy with it. "The guy actually came out of the x-ray room saying it’s broken. I’m like, ‘How is that possible?’ '' Beckham. "Then he said, ‘No it’s not.’ Are you kidding me? That’s Rookie League.’’ Beckham. Obviously all the good X-ray techs in Cleveland have also taken their talents to South Beach.

What kind of f***ing doctor does that? Especially when the patient's livelihood depends on the injury?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
What kind of f***ing doctor does that? Especially when the patient's livelihood depends on the injury?

1. Not a Doctor - X-Ray tech

2. Just to be clear, I don't think he was joking, I think he made a mistake. Right? Or did I misunderstand what happened here? If it was a mistake, that sucks for Beckham, and I'd be pissed. If it was some sort of joke though, that is even worse.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 08:01 AM)
LOL, I understand it looked bad, but its funny to go back and read this thread with everyone writing off his season.

Man, that sucks about the X-Ray tech. Not cool.

Like I said, considering the reaction from the player/bench/announcers, it seemed very similar to the Peavy injury. I thought the same thing when I saw both injuries. "That guy's season is over."

On the other hand, you have a guy like Threets. I didn't think anything of his injury, and he's out for the year.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)

Good one.

I thought he'd be ok when they showed the replay and based on what Hermie was doing right away, but everyone in the game thread had me convinced I was just in the "denial" stage of coping with loss. I was in full "acceptance" mode when the good word came.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
Good one.

I thought he'd be ok when they showed the replay and based on what Hermie was doing right away, but everyone in the game thread had me convinced I was just in the "denial" stage of coping with loss. I was in full "acceptance" mode when the good word came.

Typically fastball+hand+extreme pain = very bad.

Glad that isnt the case this time.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
Typically fastball+hand+extreme pain = very bad.

Glad that isnt the case this time.

The thing that concerned me was that he let his hand go limp, as though simply moving it was causing severe pain, so I'm really surprised it's just a bruise.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
1. Not a Doctor - X-Ray tech

2. Just to be clear, I don't think he was joking, I think he made a mistake. Right? Or did I misunderstand what happened here? If it was a mistake, that sucks for Beckham, and I'd be pissed. If it was some sort of joke though, that is even worse.

1. Wife's friend just finished X-ray tech school, met a bunch of her classmates. Definitely not doctors.

2. To me it sounded like a joke, which would be pretty awful. But if it was just a mistake, that sucks, but its totally nowhere near the same level.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
1. Wife's friend just finished X-ray tech school, met a bunch of her classmates. Definitely not doctors.

2. To me it sounded like a joke, which would be pretty awful. But if it was just a mistake, that sucks, but its totally nowhere near the same level.

I know two x-ray techs... they are pretty stupid people (those two, not all).