AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!

TheBigHurt

Rios' stroke has been really good lately.

It makes you wonder how crazy this sport is. He went a long long time with very few extra base hits, now he's bombing again. His last 2 homers I watched were things of beauty.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
Thornton will be back on Saturday. I just don't see JR adding additional salary for a Fuentes type with a big, bloated contract.

It's definitely not going to be another LH with Sale and Thornton down there. (This was KW's argument for NOT blocking the Fuentes move to MIN).

And with Linebrink actually pitching admirably tonight, there's an argument (albeit MINISCULE) against adding another RHRP.

Thornton back by the weekend is good news but that still 4-5 days and games away., No Putz , Threets out for the year, a tired Santos, another extra inning game tonight leaving Pena, Harrell and Torres. Pena and Torres recently pitched like 3 -4 innings apiece. I'd feel much better with another pitcher.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
Thornton back by the weekend is good news but that still 4-5 days and games away , no Putz . Threets out for the year, a tired Santos, another extra inning game tonight leaving Pena, Harrell and Torres. Pena and Torres recently pitched like 3 -4 innings apiece. I'd feel much better with another pitcher.

Maybe we grabbed one of the Blue Jay relievers?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
Are we playing a Game 163?

I think nothing would be sweeter than winning Game 163 in Minnesota this time.

Right now, I seriously would think about using Jackson in that game, although I'm sure Ozzie would go with Danks or Buehrle if he had a choice.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
Right now, I seriously would think about using Jackson in that game, although I'm sure Ozzie would go with Danks or Buehrle if he had a choice.

Game 163 happens on the first day after the season with no offdays usually, so I'm not sure you really get to set your rotation at all. The Twins had to kill their rotation last year just to get into game 163.