The Manram Thread

hi8is

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't fing wait. I hope he is as hungry as he was when he got traded from Boston. If he Can be ManRam of old for 30 games I think we make the playoffs, then who knows.

If his desire is there, Mannypalooza will be successful on the SouthSide.

(He better play tomorrow, not too tired BS. He has had 5 days off.)

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
I can't fing wait. I hope he is as hungry as he was when he got traded from Boston. If he Can be ManRam of old for 30 games I think we make the playoffs, then who knows.

If his desire is there, Mannypaloosa will be successful on the SouthSide.

(He better play tomorrow, not too tired BS. He has had 5 days off.)

With a Z man, a Z!

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
huh? Juan's OBP the last 28 days has been .392.

Vizquel's due for a regression, he's projected for a .328 OBP for the rest of the year. Pierre at .345.

Pretty eh for a 1-2 combo.

I would have said Ramirez should take Rios' place 2-3 days ago...but now that Alex SEEMS to be getting hot again, I doubt Ozzie will change things around much.

OTOH, with Quentin's well-documented road struggles, it seems more logical to fit Ramirez into the 5th spot and potentially move him to 3rd if Rios slides backwards again.

Plus it's too confusing with Ramirez and Ramirez hitting back to back. Ozzie might write down the same name twice while filling out the line-up card and end up with us getting an automatic out.

Edited by caulfield12

Just ran the new lineup through an optimizer with rest of season projections - with Manny 5th, lineup averages 4.93 runs. With him 3rd, 4.91.

So Ozzie's actually sort of right...

Ran the old lineup through the optimizer as well, with the rotating DH combo having a combined .330 wOBA and a .440 SLG, they averaged 4.7 runs.

So Manny is a .23 run upgrade per game. Over 30 games, that's 9 more runs, or pretty much 1 whole win.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:42 PM)
Just ran the new lineup through an optimizer with rest of season projections - with Manny 5th, lineup averages 4.93 runs. With him 3rd, 4.91.

We've been averaging over 6 runs per game for the last 2+ weeks.

The problem has been the bullpen and some occasional no-shows by our "aces," especially Danks.

Mark Buehrle only had 4 quality starts in his first 12 (his ERA was at 5.40 in early June), but I think he's only had one "non-quality" start since that date.

Maybe two at most.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
We've been averaging over 6 runs per game for the last 2+ weeks.

The problem has been the bullpen and some occasional no-shows by our "aces," especially Danks.

Mark Buehrle only had 4 quality starts in his first 12 (his ERA was at 5.40 in early June), but I think he's only had one "non-quality" start since that date.

Maybe two at most.

Yeah, the pitching hasn't been there.

But the lineup is seemingly having a hard time coming up with the right hits at the right time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:42 PM)

Ran the old lineup through the optimizer as well, with the rotating DH combo having a combined .330 wOBA and a .440 SLG, they averaged 4.7 runs.

So Manny is a .23 run upgrade per game. Over 30 games, that's 9 more runs, or pretty much 1 whole win.

I prefer to think of it as nine "one run" wins, but that's expecting way too much with our bullpen in shambles these days.

He's definitely one of those elite hitters you want to have up there with the game on the in the late innings.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
I prefer to think of it as nine "one run" wins, but that's expecting way too much with our bullpen in shambles these days.

He's definitely one of those elite hitters you want to have up there with the game on the in the late innings.

It'd be awesome if it were 9 one run wins. That's using your run production to the max then.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
Vizquel's due for a regression, he's projected for a .328 OBP for the rest of the year. Pierre at .345.

Throw all the projections out the window for Juan. His OBP is already inflated this season with all the HBP he's received. (hasn't had more than 10 since his second year with the Rockies and he's already doubled that this year than he's had in the last 9-10 years) I rather just ride this fluke OBP year out with him, and Vizquel who probably will not repeat the year he's having.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Throw all the projections out the window for Juan. His OBP is already inflated this season with all the HBP he's received. (hasn't had more than 10 since his second year with the Rockies and he's already doubled that this year than he's had in the last 9-10 years) I rather just ride this fluke OBP year out with him, and Vizquel who probably will not repeat the year he's having.

I'm just glad Pierre found out how to hit line drives and got his OBP up to around .350.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)

Well I think most people who want Manny batting 3rd(myself included) don't have Vizquel batting 2nd either. I'm sure that'll change some things.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)
Well I think most people who want Manny batting 3rd(myself included) don't have Vizquel batting 2nd either. I'm sure that'll change some things.

If Vizquel begins to fade, then yeah, Alexei will hit second a lot more. He's doing that against left handed pitching right now, in fact.

In that case, when Manny hits third, the lineup averages 4.99 runs.

When Manny hits 5th, 5.01.

Either way, it makes no difference. But Alexei in the 2-hole should help our cause.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
Run this one through your optimizer.....

Pierre

Alexei

Manny

Konerko

Rios

Quentin

Beckham

AJ

Vizquel

4.98 runs.

If you put Manny 5th and Rios 3rd, then 5.001.

Really, it makes no difference if he bats 3rd or 5th, the run differential over 30 games will be like .6.

Edited by chw42