The Manram Thread

hi8is

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
I love this franchise. Right now Monster99 is being interviewed on Mully and Hanley about Manny's impending haircut.

I f***ing love this franchise.

Dude just said he got started on David Ortiz, and introduced himself by saying "Ey uhh Beeg Papi I'ma here to cut yo beard."

Monster99? Is that the barber? He has a handle?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who knows with how the market will shake out and what goes on with PK, but say the Sox have some interest in Manny for a one year deal, is Boras still his agent? (and I say "still" because I seem to remember him being his agent for the Red Sox mega deal, I could be completely wrong and he never was, lol!)

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
who knows with how the market will shake out and what goes on with PK, but say the Sox have some interest in Manny for a one year deal, is Boras still his agent? (and I say "still" because I seem to remember him being his agent for the Red Sox mega deal, I could be completely wrong and he never was, lol!)

Yes, Boras is his current agent. B-R gives you info on agents too.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
Thank goodness Kenny finally didn't listen to the likes of Paulie and others who always say the current roster is good enough. And I guarantee you the team will look better than usual against the Twins when we face them.

That stuff's all Vote of Confidence fluff you want to hear out of a leader; I guarantee (as much as one can guarantee stuff like that) that KW's decision making operates above fluff comments and there was never any danger of the two intermingling.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
That stuff's all Vote of Confidence fluff you want to hear out of a leader; I guarantee (as much as one can guarantee stuff like that) that KW's decision making operates above fluff comments and there was never any danger of the two intermingling.

In prior years Kenny has used it as an excuse to stand pat.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
Wasn't it 2006 when Paulie, Thome and Dye were to have stated we didn't need another bat and Kenny made no major improvements to the offense?

Do you really think thats the reason why he didn't make a move? I'm sure he looked and didn't see anything that would work in his eyes.

The players are almost always gonna come out and say that anyway. It doesn't show much confidence in a team if a veteran tells the media,"I don't think our team has a chance unless we get better players at the deadline"

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
Wasn't it 2006 when Paulie, Thome and Dye were to have stated we didn't need another bat and Kenny made no major improvements to the offense?

I would bet that was more due to Kenny not wanting to make a move, independent of anything PK, JD or Thome may have said. Of course, he'd link the two publicly, given the opportunity, just to ease the pressure, but I highly doubt he gives a crap what the players think of themselves. Of course the players are going to have pride in the people they've played alongside all season, but KW's job is to look at the big picture, and I've never seen any evidence that he's bad at that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
Do you really think thats the reason why he didn't make a move? I'm sure he looked and didn't see anything that would work in his eyes.

The players are almost always gonna come out and say that anyway. It doesn't show much confidence in a team if a veteran tells the media,"I don't think our team has a chance unless we get better players at the deadline"

I guess Omar is guilty then since he said we needed help. I actually appreciate his honesty.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)

Actually, the reason why he didn't make a move in 2006 is that Soriano wouldn't sign a contract extension and he didn't want to give up McCarthy without getting a longer-term commitment from Soriano.

The Sox also made a move in 2006 to acquire Mike McDougal.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
the nickname "manram" is flat-out turrible. someone make it stop.

2f08703.gif

Sorry, I don't actually mean this. I just found that gif and had to use it.

Man-Ram's been around since the mid-90s, I don't think it's dying anytime soon!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
2f08703.gif

Sorry, I don't actually mean this. I just found that gif and had to use it.

Man-Ram's been around since the mid-90s, I don't think it's dying anytime soon!

maybe i've just been blocking it out because of its overwhelming lameness. hard to avoid it when the guys on my team, though.

the nickname makes me think of ned beatty. and not in a good way.