Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
I'm not exactly looking forward to what our offense will look like next season.

Flowers isn't an answer. I think we are going to see a few tweaks to the club. I look forward to what Beckham can do next year, but clearly, we'll have to make some moves to upgrade the offense. However, our offense this season hasn't been near as bad as some of you would make us think. The unfortunate thing is with a legitimate DH we have a really good offense this year (hopefully Manny will be that).

Last inning was awful, top of the order due up and I'm glad cause Pierre has been money.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
Depending what happens with Paulie I think we're 1B/3B away from a great lineup.

Thats a big if, since those are two major power positions. I think as of now, we will have holes at RF (Pierre/Rios are locks), 3B (no one), C, and 1B (Paulie a FA).

Potential fits from within are:

- Dayan Viciedo (we know he can't do it defensively at 3B, but offensively he has the ability to be a fit at 1B, but we'd be taking an awful huge chance switching from Paulie to Dayan

- Teahen (personally I'd just let him be a backup that can get at bats from the left side in RF, 3B, 2B, and 1st)

- Flowers (Not ready)

- Mitchell (Not ready)

Tigers just took a 1-0 lead with runners on the corners and 2 out.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
Flowers isn't an answer. I think we are going to see a few tweaks to the club. I look forward to what Beckham can do next year, but clearly, we'll have to make some moves to upgrade the offense. However, our offense this season hasn't been near as bad as some of you would make us think. The unfortunate thing is with a legitimate DH we have a really good offense this year (hopefully Manny will be that).

Last inning was awful, top of the order due up and I'm glad cause Pierre has been money.

There's no way we can expect PK to have a similar year in 2011 (IF we bring him back). And Pierre has overachieved. Like fathom, I'm not salivating over our potential offense for next year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
There's no way we can expect PK to have a similar year in 2011 (IF we bring him back). And Pierre has overachieved. Like fathom, I'm not salivating over our potential offense for next year.

Expect Paulie to have a similar year, no, but Paulie is a pretty safe bet to be a .280, 30HR, 90 to 100 RBI guy.

YES, Tigers just took a 2-0 lead with 2 down and runners on 1st and 2nd.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:21 AM)

Yep, an MVP caliber season from Konerko likely won't be duplicated even if he returns (I'm not quite sure where we're going to get the money needed for offensive upgrades and bullpen upgrades). KW is going to have to make a great trade with Danks as the ammunition.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
Yep, an MVP caliber season from Konerko likely won't be duplicated even if he returns (I'm not quite sure where we're going to get the money needed for offensive upgrades and bullpen upgrades). KW is going to have to make a great trade with Danks as the ammunition.

We probably have the ability to move a starter.

On top of that our pen is going to still have Pena, Sale (unless he starts), Thornton, and Santos.

While I realize those are young guys, they have talent and we know what Thorty has. Who ends up closing, I have no idea, but there is always a shot the Sox bring back Putz. Lets not pretend we need to overhaul the pen.