Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"MAKE SURE ALL LINE DRIVES GO THROUGH."

Every Little League coach in America, 1900-2010.

Just really really bad performance in terms of being mentally into this game from our hitting approach, Carlos defensively, Pierre now on the basepaths and executing with a runner at 3rd and one out.

UGH.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:24 AM)
We probably have the ability to move a starter.

On top of that our pen is going to still have Pena, Sale (unless he starts), Thornton, and Santos.

While I realize those are young guys, they have talent and we know what Thorty has. Who ends up closing, I have no idea, but there is always a shot the Sox bring back Putz. Lets not pretend we need to overhaul the pen.

Sale should either be starting in the majors in the minors. No reason to keep him in the pen, his future has to be as a starter. I'm sorry, but saying Pena is part of the bullpen next season is silly, as he's nothing more than a mop-up reliever. Putz will cost a lot of money to bring back next season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
Mentioning that we were gonig to deal him doesn't hurt his trade value. His s***ty play has hurt his trade value.

Certainly doesn't help. We're not taking about an organization loaded with catching prospects. If they were so willing to deal him for two months of Dunn they're pretty much telling everybody they don't value him much.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
I don't. I'm saying from Flowers' point of view.

Baseballs a business. Flowers can't be concerned about where he plays, he just needs to make sure he hits and if he does, he'll have nothing to worry about. But right now, he's got far more things to worry about than whether he gets dealt or not (like not sucking).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
Baseballs a business. Flowers can't be concerned about where he plays, he just needs to make sure he hits and if he does, he'll have nothing to worry about. But right now, he's got far more things to worry about than whether he gets dealt or not (like not sucking).

Jason, you're not feeling me. KW deals prospects like they're set to expire. I'm just saying that say we wanted to deal Flowers for something of value that letting it get out they were willing to deal him for a rental probably won't help.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
We probably have the ability to move a starter.

On top of that our pen is going to still have Pena, Sale (unless he starts), Thornton, and Santos.

While I realize those are young guys, they have talent and we know what Thorty has. Who ends up closing, I have no idea, but there is always a shot the Sox bring back Putz. Lets not pretend we need to overhaul the pen.

It seems there are only two offseason routes to go to bring in legit talent without paying for FA's....trading Danks or trading Thornton if Sale's going to stay in the bullpen, although that's a bit riskier now with Threets out and we're back to Randy Williams again, ostensibly.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
Certainly doesn't help. We're not taking about an organization loaded with catching prospects. If they were so willing to deal him for two months of Dunn they're pretty much telling everybody they don't value him much.

Did you see what the Nats were asking for 2 months of Dunn. How about we quit insinuating what Dunn is worth. Dunn was worth > 2 top draft picks. That is value. In fact, he was actually worth a little more than 2 top draft picks (since the Nats keeping him also helped there PR).

The Nats were asking teams for TOP prospects and we ended up offering one of ours which ultimately wasn't enough to get it done. That in no way shape or form impacts his trade value amongst baseball. And this assumption that it was a horrible offer and shows that we have no value for him is ludcricious. His s***ty play is why we are willing to move him and why most teams could care less about him at this point in time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
Thats a big if, since those are two major power positions. I think as of now, we will have holes at RF (Pierre/Rios are locks), 3B (no one), C, and 1B (Paulie a FA).

Potential fits from within are:

- Dayan Viciedo (we know he can't do it defensively at 3B, but offensively he has the ability to be a fit at 1B, but we'd be taking an awful huge chance switching from Paulie to Dayan

- Teahen (personally I'd just let him be a backup that can get at bats from the left side in RF, 3B, 2B, and 1st)

- Flowers (Not ready)

- Mitchell (Not ready)

Tigers just took a 1-0 lead with runners on the corners and 2 out.

You forgot about Morel. He's been on fire in AAA as of late. I could see Morel at 3rd next year with Viciedo at DH/1B and Teahen getting some playing time at all three spots.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
You forgot about Morel. He's been on fire in AAA as of late. I could see Morel at 3rd next year with Viciedo at DH/1B and Teahen getting some playing time at all three spots.

I could see that working out but DH/1B would have to be big power guys.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
Jason, you're not feeling me. KW deals prospects like they're set to expire. I'm just saying that say we wanted to deal Flowers for something of value that letting it get out they were willing to deal him for a rental probably won't help.

The Twins dealt Wilson Ramos for an expiring Matt Capps. Didnt' mean Ramos had no value.

Teams deal prospects at the deadline, it doesn't mean we are saying we won't give up anything for him. And everyone knows Kenny isn't a guy that tries to PWN a team in a deal. He tries to make a fair deal and it is why he is able to make so many deals.

At the end of the day, he was essentially offering Hudson and Flowers for Dunn. That is essentially the equivalent of 2 top picks or so. So to me, that says that we value Flowers at the level of a 1st round pick.

Problem was, the Nats didn't think he was that good.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)

Don't know how that happened cause I like Morel the most out of our position prospects (with exception of Mitchell and Trayce Thompson).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)

So I take the Dodger didn't get Morel for Manny.