Sox @ Indians

Heads22

I don't think it's a good idea to make Castro the everyday catcher next year, either.

Coming into today, we'd given up 127 steals, the Indians only 67....so 129 now. If he wouldn't have held onto that ball so long on the pitchout against Nix, Ramirez wouldn't have ended up having to block the base and getting spiked.

Would be nice to have those two runs our defense gave away back about right now.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
I don't think it's a good idea to make Castro the everyday catcher next year, either.

Coming into today, we'd given up 127 steals, the Indians only 67....so 129 now. If he wouldn't have held onto that ball so long on the pitchout against Nix, Ramirez wouldn't have ended up having to block the base and getting spiked.

Would be nice to have those two runs our defense gave away back about right now.

Wha? Is ESPN completely wrong, or are you looking at the wrong color Sox? ESPN has the Bosox having given up 127, the ChiSox given up 81.

The White Sox have stolen 125 according to ESPN. That's at least close to your number, and Cleveland has stolen 67.

I honestly didn't expect us to mount a comeback today with the way things had been going...thankfully, Carrasco just ran out of gas.

He was terrible last year in 5 September starts, but his last 8 AAA starts this year, he was pitching very well, around a 2 ERA, and he was one of the keys to the Cliff Lee move with the Phillies.

Also would have been nice to have scored that 2nd run two innings ago. Oh, well...let's get their bullpen.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
If you watched the game last night and it appears you did. You saw the same situation unfold very differntly and it shows why the Twins beat the Sox on a consistent basis.

I will not even bring up the 2 walks and HBP 's to tie the game. You know Ramirez does not work the AB like Hardy did against Coke.

It 's interesting to look at the Twins offense stats. individual stats don't wow anyone but they do well collectively. They've been scoring a lot of runs without the long ball. Their approach at the plate is not all or nothing.