AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX SWEEP!!!

justBLAZE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
Unfortunately since Detroit sucks this sweeps gonna net us ZERO games gained on Minnesota....

DET was one of the hottest teams in baseball in recent weeks. And...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
The Twins still have to face Scherzer and Verlander the next 2 nights.

So let's not go all eeyore just yet. I'd be surprised if MIN took both the next two games.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
I am so f***ing tired of the bunt! Sacrifice when down 3? Come on Ozzie, pull your head out of your ass man.

I'm tired of the Sox running themselves out of innings too.

And I'm getting sooooooo tired of Carlos Quentin. I didn't have a chance to post after last night's game, but even though Q's two misplays didn't directly lead to any runs, how many extra stressful pitches did they cause Edwin to throw? Maybe Edwin throws a complete game if not for the extra outs and we save Jenks and help our bullpen.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
I'm tired of the Sox running themselves out of innings too.

And I'm getting sooooooo tired of Carlos Quentin. I didn't have a chance to post after last night's game, but even though Q's two misplays didn't directly lead to any runs, how many extra stressful pitches did they cause Edwin to throw? Maybe Edwin throws a complete game if not for the extra outs and we save Jenks and help our bullpen.

Could be very true. I didn't see how many extra pitches that caused Edwin, but maybe he finished a CG, 1 run performance.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
DET was one of the hottest teams in baseball in recent weeks. And...

So let's not go all eeyore just yet. I'd be surprised if MIN took both the next two games.

Twins best record in baseball since the AS break. Twins 2nd best record at home behind on the Yankees for the season. That being said, they better not sweep Detroit.

Well, Tiggers scored in the 8th and tied it at 1-1.

Game is now in the bottom of the 10. Cuddyer, Young, and Valencia coming up. Thome has already pinch hit, and was replaced.

Unfortunately, Scherezer was just replaced after pitching 9 innings of 1-run ball, 4 hits, and 9 K.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 02:58 AM)
Just watched the replay of the game. If Sox had lost that game on a Choo homer, Teahen's error would have been one of the worse Sox errors in a long time.

How much does Teahen make per season? Glad it's not my money.

The Twins win again. They are amazing. Four games is a lot to make up. We better not lose again on a night they win or we're really f***ed.

Joe West just blew a call against the Twins in the Tigers/Twins game. Unfortunately, Jesse Crain pitched over it, and now the game is going into the bottom of the 10th. I wish these f***ers would just lose. I mean, Scott Baker only pitched 2 innings today, and yet the Twins bullpen kept them in the game tonight because Verlander and the D-town D-fence sucked.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
And they just showed a replay from earlier in the game when West blew ANOTHER call against the Twins, and then threw out Gardenhire for arguing. Maybe he hates the Sox AND Twins.

He's just a douchebag, that's all.