Random Thought

GLOAD is GOD

After watching Choo for the past two years, its obvious he's a pretty tough out. Not sure how salaries would match up, with arbitration and everything, but with Cleveland clearly out of it for sometime....do you think a White Sox package with Quentin as the headliner could get the job done? I just think Choo's bat and glove would be the perfect complement to the current team.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
Quentin with no value? Please. Let's not undervalue our own people, but I see no reason to even consider a trade of CQ

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
He has become Andruw Jones but with no fielding ability.

Somewhere between you two is reality.

Quentin would not get it done for Choo, but calling his offense the same as Jones is just silly. And I doubt CLE wants to part with Choo anyway.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
Somewhere between you two is reality.

Quentin would not get it done for Choo, but calling his offense the same as Jones is just silly. And I doubt CLE wants to part with Choo anyway.

Carlos

HR every 16.42 ABs

RBI every 4.93 ABs

.810 OPS

Jones

HR every 14.17 ABs

RBI every 6.07 ABs

.802 OPS

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (GLOAD is GOD @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 09:52 AM)
After watching Choo for the past two years, its obvious he's a pretty tough out. Not sure how salaries would match up, with arbitration and everything, but with Cleveland clearly out of it for sometime....do you think a White Sox package with Quentin as the headliner could get the job done? I just think Choo's bat and glove would be the perfect complement to the current team.

I don't think the Indians would have any interest in TCQ.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (GLOAD is GOD @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 09:52 AM)

The Indians may be bad, but they aren't stupid. That would be an awful trade for them.

Quentin is fragile, inconsistent and getting expensive fast. It's not like no one has noticed his struggles. Most articles i've read blame his exaggerated flyball tendencies for his insanely low BABIP. Right now he has little value, but tantalizing potential.

Choo, meanwhile, is a consistent producer in all facets of the game. Decent power, on-base monster, excellent fielder with a rocket arm, even steals a base or 20. Basically he's one of the better RF in the AL.

Maybe Q for BJ Upton but even then I think the Rays would want another good piece.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
Yeah, that is the case. He can skip his conscription but would never be allowed to step foot on Korean soil again....tough decision to abandon your home like that.

Sure it is, but it's one that pretty much every Cuban playing in MLB makes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
Yeah...but the cost/benefit calculation is somewhat enhanced when you compare spending a lifetime in near-poverty in Cuba with MLB.

I'm not saying that he will or should make that decision, but he does have a choice whether he wants to serve in the Korean military.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)
Doesn't Choo have to go home and serve his military commitment?

That's the risk in the trade and why he may not be as valuable.

Choo is a much better player than Quentin. I'd love him in right field.