Sox @ Red Sox (Game 1 and Game 2)

Heads22

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
No sox baseball.. :( Good to hear some players banged up will get another day of rest however. Now I gotta find what the hell is good on T.V. tonight. :lol:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Just go see Machete.

Or just go out and drink

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
With the FOX contract, why is it that Boston is allowed to schedule an early Saturday game but the Royals couldn't do it? Isn't the 1st game of the DH within FOX's exclusive broadcasting window?

Yah, I'd like to know the answer to that, too. Doesn't make any sense to me.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
He installed one in Fenway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Bossard

Doesn't say anything about Fenway here.

Heh, Wikipedia.

http://www.greenville.com/news/drive1205.html

Roger Bossard, who is also the head groundskeeper for the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox, has constructed the fields at some of the most popular stadiums in Major League Baseball, including Detroit Tigers Comerica Park, Seattle’s Safeco Field, Miller Park in Milwaukee, and is currently working on the field at the new stadium for the St. Louis Cardinals. In addition, he was responsible for the renovation of Boston’s historic Fenway Park in 2004. “Roger did a truly amazing job,” stated Red Sox Director of Grounds David Mellor.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/keyword...ossard/recent/3

Dreaming of a green Christmas

By Paul Sullivan, Tribune staff reporter | October 23, 2007

The Cubs are awaiting city approval to begin a major renovation of the playing surface at Wrigley Field but expect to have the project completed by early December. "We are currently working with the city, and our engineers and designers continue to exchange information," said Mark McGuire, the Cubs' executive vice president of business operations. "Presuming that the talks continue to go well, we're assuming we're forging ahead." McGuire gave no timetable for city approval, but with the weather beginning to change, it should be granted within the next week or two. Roger Bossard, head groundskeeper for the White Sox and an acknowledged expert, will oversee the project, as he did in overhauling the field at Fenway Park and the playing surfaces at several other sports venues.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
He installed one in Fenway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Bossard

Doesn't say anything about Fenway here.

Roger's revolutionary drainage and irrigation system is unparalleled in the stadium-building industry and his patented system has been used in the creation of numerous stadiums including, Arizona, Boston, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis (both old and new Busch Stadium), Seattle and Washington, and both Chicago ballparks (Wrigley Field and U.S. Cellular Field), as well as spring training complexes for the Cincinnati Reds,the Montreal Expos, the New York Yankees, the St. Louis Cardinals,the Arizona Diamondbacks, the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Chicago White Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
Time to skip Freddy in the rotation with all these days off.

Pena/Harrell/Torres have to start on Wednesday now because of the DH unles Danks or Floyd go on 3 days rest. Skipping Freddy would only make that situation worse.

Edited by LittleHurt05

Twins rotation over next 5 day: Pavano-Sat, Blackburn -Sun, Slowey-Mon, Liriano-Tues, and Duensing-Wed.

looks like we face Liriano, Duensing and Pavano week after next. Not sure how the sox rotation will shake out with the DH tomorrow, but if it stays on track, we'll counter with Floyd, Buehrle and Edwin.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
looks like we face Liriano, Duensing and Pavano week after next. Not sure how the sox rotation will shake out with the DH tomorrow, but if it stays on track, we'll counter with Floyd, Buehrle and Edwin.

Yum.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 07:32 AM)
Just realized the first game today is on the "U", I hate the U. Just had to vent.

I hate the U too, but DirectTV finally made it HD. Of course, the last time the were on the U the station had a problem with its HD feed and showed it standard. I don't know if HD is a blessing or a curse. If I never had it, standard would be just fine, but its hard for me to watch anything not HD anymore.