Sox @ Red Sox (Game 1 and Game 2)

Heads22

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
Always wanted Beltre to play third for the White Sox.

I've been a Beltre fan for a couple of years now. Seattle absolutely sucked the life out of his bat. Look what happens when you move him to a good park to hit in.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
I've been a Beltre fan for a couple of years now. Seattle absolutely sucked the life out of his bat. Look what happens when you move him to a good park to hit in.

He and Ryan Zimmerman have been the two best 3B in baseball this year. I'd kill for this guy. What do you think he's looking at as far as years/money after this year?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
He and Ryan Zimmerman have been the two best 3B in baseball this year. I'd kill for this guy. What do you think he's looking at as far as years/money after this year?

Considering people actually realize that he's a beast with the glove, I can see him getting 4 years at $15-18 million per. That might even be a conservative estimate.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
Correct. $5M

So I doubt he takes the $10 million when he can get a longer deal worth a lot more. The reason why he signed in Boston was so he could get some publicity and hit in a good park for right handed hitters.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
Considering people actually realize that he's a beast with the glove, I can see him getting 4 years at $15-18 million per. That might even be a conservative estimate.

Really? That'd be crazy. I wish I could find that post of Kalapse's breakdown of Beltre before the season. It was really good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
Really? That'd be crazy. I wish I could find that post of Kalapse's breakdown of Beltre before the season. It was really good.

If I had the finances, I'd give Beltre 4 years and $60 million. Right now, he's a 5-6 WAR player, which in itself is worth around $20 million. He's going to regress, but by the end of the deal, he should produce what you paid him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
Does anybody agree with me when I say the Red Sox are probably the best team in baseball with a relatively healthy roster?

Oh definitely. They're a 90 win team without Pedroia, Youk, and Ellsbury. With them, they're probably a 100 win team.