Sox @ Red Sox (Game 1 and Game 2)

Heads22

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
Red Sox announcers calling out umps for warning the White Sox....

All I know is if Quentin was a Red Sox and Lackey a White Sox, and that same scenerio happened, Hawk would have a very different take. Quentin hangs out over the plate. Its not like he drilled him in the back. Hawk is b****ing that the Sox pitchers aren't going to be able to throw inside, but on the other hand thinks if Sox hitters crowd the plate, the opposition shouldn't be able to throw inside either.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
All I know is if Quentin was a Red Sox and Lackey a White Sox, and that same scenerio happened, Hawk would have a very different take. Quentin hangs out over the plate. Its not like he drilled him in the back. Hawk is b****ing that the Sox pitchers aren't going to be able to throw inside, but on the other hand thinks if Sox hitters crowd the plate, the opposition shouldn't be able to throw inside either.

The first pitch almost hit him, the second one did. He was throwing at him.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
Lackey hitting Q sure LOOKED intentional, but Lackey is an idiot if it actually was. Can't load the bases up by hitting a guy because your catcher had weak hands.

Quentin owns Lackey, so it's not a terrible decision.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
Lackey hitting Q sure LOOKED intentional, but Lackey is an idiot if it actually was. Can't load the bases up by hitting a guy because your catcher had weak hands.

It may look intentional, but you don't have to be very far off the plate to hit Quentin. If he really wanted to drill him and missed with the first pitch, I would suspect the second attempt would have been right in the middle of his back.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
It may look intentional, but you don't have to be very far off the plate to hit Quentin. If he really wanted to drill him and missed with the first pitch, I would suspect the second attempt would have been right in the middle of his back.

Didn't he hit him right on the ribs?