SOX @ Red Sox

Heads22

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
pierre lf, vizquel 3b, rios cf, konerko dh, quentin rf, aj c, ramirez ss, kotsay 1b, beckham 2b, buehrle p

vs. Beckett

Pierre 0-3

Vizquel 1-7

Rios 6-21 3 2b, 1 HR

Konerko 1-7

Quentin 1-6 1 2b

AJP 5-18 1 2b

Alexei 1-6 1 2b

Kotsay 4-13

Beckham ------

Manny has never faced Beckett

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
vs. Beckett

Pierre 0-3

Vizquel 1-7

Rios 6-21 3 2b, 1 HR

Konerko 1-7

Quentin 1-6 1 2b

AJP 5-18 1 2b

Alexei 1-6 1 2b

Kotsay 4-13

Beckham ------

Manny has never faced Beckett

Good thing Man Ram is out of the lineup today, we're not paying that much for him

/green

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
Ozzie better not think he is going to give Manny the day off every time we play a day game after a night game. I'll give him a pass today because of the DH, but otherwise Manny should play everyday.

Do you really think it's Ozzie's idea to rest Manny? Manny is a high maintenance player and in an attempt to get the best out of him these are things you have to do. Everyone knew that when they got him. It's like going to a Sox game and complaining about the $7 beers.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Do you really think it's Ozzie's idea to rest Manny? Manny is a high maintenance player and in an attempt to get the best out of him these are things you have to do. Everyone knew that when they got him. It's like going to a Sox game and complaining about the $7 beers.

Or....Kotsay is a .400 hitter off Beckett and Manny has never faced him....

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
Just keep winning , just keep winning . Just keep winning winning winning .

Based on the line-up today, it is very clear to me the power struggle between Williams and Guillen is just getting worse.

We did not sign Ramirez for 30 days to rest him.

The DH by committee was a fisaco and probably will cost us the division.

If nothing else, it opened the door to Twins to sign Thome who has now been elevated to folk hero since Morneau went down.

I just can't see how these two can co-exist much longer.

Who should go?

Frankly, I like to see them both gone.

However, my real wish continues to be new ownership but that's a pipe dream.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
Based on the line-up today, it is very clear to me the power struggle between Williams and Guillen is just getting worse.

We did not sign Ramirez for 30 days to rest him.

The DH by committee was a fisaco and probably will cost us the division.

If nothing else, it opened the door to Twins to sign Thome who has now been elevated to folk hero since Morneau went down.

I just can't see how these two can co-exist much longer.

Who should go?

Frankly, I like to see them both gone.

However, my real wish continues to be new ownership but that's a pipe dream.

I just noted in another thread that we're on pace for 770 runs, when a fair majority of the people on here said we'd be lucky to score 700. This means one of two things: either our lineup is overperforming their talent, in which case at least some credit should go to Ozzie; or, our lineup is more talented than anyone suspected, and KW needs to get credit for that. I guess a third option is that we're just lucky, but I doubt anyone who's watched us over the course of the season would use the word "luck" very often.

I choose to go the KW route, as I had them pegged for 730-800 runs before the season, but I don't see how you could make the case that BOTH need to be fired when we're outperforming predictions. Personally, I think our roster's pretty decent, and I think people's complaints about KW are pretty narrow-sighted.

I also don't think Guillen needs to go either, since I think our guys perform well under him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
So, I'm to believe that Manny was pissed about sitting on the bench in LA, but requests it in Chicago after 4 games marty?

It was a DH yesterday...so I can sort of understand the reasoning.