Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Don't think he's had many chance for RBI . Seems like he's lead off an inning at least 3 or 4 AB's or with no one on quite a few times.

thats because Konerko has been knocking in what was on base so when Manny gets up there is nothing..

Manny hitting 3rd with Pierre and Vizquel in front of him would be wonderful especially with Konerko still to come up after.. I hope we at least get to see it a few times

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
we got in here a lady gaga fan...i hate that song and anything that comes from Gaga

Not a Lady Gaga fan, sorry.

That was due to the fact that my friends wouldn't stop playing that song last night and it's been stuck in my head.

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
thats because Konerko has been knocking in what was on base so when Manny gets up there is nothing..

Manny hitting 3rd with Pierre and Vizquel in front of him would be wonderful especially with Konerko still to come up after.. I hope we at least get to see it a few times

Rios has speed to score amd stay out of the DP and sets the table for PK and now maybe Manny

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
Haha. Totally.

Great win, White Sox. It's embarrassing to see that Fire Ozzie link on your sig BTW. It's just wrong.

AJ, Sale, et. all, nice job.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
It's embarrassing to see that Fire Ozzie link on your sig BTW. It's just wrong.

I realize there is nothing any White Sox could ever do wrong in your eyes except for Teahen and Manny but I feel that Ozzie is one of the worst game tacticians I have ever seen. Feel free to put me on ignore if you're so bothered by my opinions.

Edited by BigSqwert

I'm just embarrassed that a grown man would put "Fire Ozzie" on his sig, that's all.

You have the right to do it.

I'm just thinking a team 17 games over .500 it's just wrong. But that's me.

And I criticize plenty of players: including Kotsay, Jones, Linebrink, Pierre early in the season before he proved me wrong, Pena, Lilly last year, Randy Williams.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
I'm just embarrassed that a grown man would put "Fire Ozzie" on his sig, that's all.

You have the right to do it.

I'm just thinking a team 17 games over .500 it's just wrong. But that's me.

And I criticize plenty of players: including Kotsay, Jones, Linebrink, Pierre early in the season before he proved me wrong, Pena, Lilly last year, Randy Williams.

Why are you so obsessed with me? My God!

Mannypalooza is great. Although I'd prefer Pauliepalooza as he deserved it long ago.

The Fire Oz, not so much.

I'm not obsessed. I just feel sick when I see that Fire Oz sig and had to mention it (for the first time) today before going to work.

Do you realize if somehow we overcame the 4 game deficit (which I think we won't) Oz probably would be second in AL manager of the year voting behind Washington.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
The Fire Oz, not so much.

I'm not obsessed. I just feel sick when I see that Fire Oz sig and had to mention it (for the first time) today before going to work.

Do you realize if somehow we overcame the 4 game deficit (which I think we won't) Oz probably would be second in AL manager of the year voting behind Washington.

Considering Ozzie's success rate, dealing with injuries and not having the greatest team in the world...calling him the worst game tacticians indicates should call into question anyone's ability to judge the game of baseball. While Ozzie does do some unorthodoxed things at times, the guy very often pulls the right move even when 'the book' says otherwise....The guy wins and he deserves credit for it.

The boys are in the thick of a pennant race, a race for all intents and purposes we should have been out of, but Ozzie kept the team together...yet we have fans calling for him to be fired. Way to support the team isn't it?

I wonder why some people haven't been offered a job at the major league level yet given how much they know.

So I agree with you that it's sick and a joke to be calling for the head of the manager who brought us our first World Title in 80+ years, who has won another division title and has the current team-for all the warts at times this year-battling to win another division.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
The boys are in the thick of a pennant race, a race for all intents and purposes we should have been out of, but Ozzie kept the team together...

One can also make the case that we could have/should have been a couple of games up in first at this point. No one will ever know for sure....

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
One can also make the case that we could have/should have been a couple of games up in first at this point. No one will ever know for sure....

2 games have really hurt. The one Jenks blew at Minnesota and when Thome took Thornton deep when the Sox had the lead. The Sox win those, they are in first place.