Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
I love Manny and all, but it's kinda funny how he's just a slap hitter to right field these days.

I loved the way Manny hit. Beautiful inside out swing is not slap hitting. It's him realizing his timing is not where it should be right now and being smart about it.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id describe Kotsay's hit as a sinking line drive. It wasn't a hard hit ball but it wasnt a pop up. Could have easily fallen.

(Edit)

He kind of flipped it into left field, you could call it a blooper but it didnt really get that high off the ground.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
I loved the way Manny hit. Beautiful inside out swing is not slap hitting. It's him realizing his timing is not where it should be right now and being smart about it.

It's called going with the pitch I believe and besides Manny is still getting that timing down. I just hope when he breask out of it for power we get it in a game we really need it and not as part of some blow out

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
It's called going with the pitch I believe and besides Manny is still getting that timing down. I just hope when he breask out of it for power we get it in a game we really need it and not as part of some blow out

Going with the pitch is more like what Beckham does. Hit's outside pitches to right and pulls inside pitches. Manny took an inside pitch to right. Have to get the hands out in front open your hips a bit and let the bat head trail. Much harder to do and Manny's been making it look easy.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
Going with the pitch is more like what Beckham does. Hit's outside pitches to right and pulls inside pitches. Manny took an inside pitch to right. Have to get the hands out in front open your hips a bit and let the bat head trail. Much harder to do and Manny's been making it look easy.

I wsill not concede you are right, but you might be :lol: