9/6 Games

danman31

Jordan Danks with 151 k's in 445 AB. Putting things in perspective, Dave Kingman, a strikeout machine, had a career high of 156 k's in the major leagues in 535 AB.

Danks will get every consideration due to his last name, but at this point, I would think a productive major league career has to be considered unlikely.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
Yeah, Gartrell led the lead with 152. Not good obviously. Danks will have to show the ability to adjust his swing. It's the only way he'll make it.

Gartrell has a better chance at this point than Danks does. You could use Gartrell as a LHP killer in the bigs. (ala Marcus Thames. or semi poor man's version of him) Danks does not have strong splits against righties or lefties (oddly enough, he hits LHP better albeit, only 133 ABs). Not saying Gartrell will ever make it, but it is what it is at this point unless Danks really adjust next season. He'll still be looked at based on his tools.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Phegley with the golden sombrero.

The Barons phoned it in today. They were swinging at everything on purpose to get it over with. Today's stats are meaningless, both teams and the umpires were ready to go home. The players weren't hiding the fact that they were trying to help the other team win. Defensive indifference in a one run game in the 8th, that's what they call a farce.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
Viciedo end the season with a walk in this game.

Phegley with the golden sombrero.

All-in-all, this has been a an awful season for the Sox minor leagues.

Hopefully Mitchell has a good AFL, and we can get excited about someone next year.

The system doesn't look too hot, but you have to look at the injuries as well, as being a major reason for it. Mitchell, Thompson and Phegley all missed major time, and that's a big chunk of the top talent right there. Morel playing injured but still played well, Remenowsky and a few lower level guys got hurt too. Danks was playing hurt.

I like the way the 2010 draft ended up, and I've liked all three of the most recent drafts. A lot of the guys above will likely come back strong in 2011. I'd bet this system looks a lot better next season, unless we trade away a bunch of key guys.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:37 AM)
The system doesn't look too hot, but you have to look at the injuries as well, as being a major reason for it. Mitchell, Thompson and Phegley all missed major time, and that's a big chunk of the top talent right there. Morel playing injured but still played well, Remenowsky and a few lower level guys got hurt too. Danks was playing hurt.

I like the way the 2010 draft ended up, and I've liked all three of the most recent drafts. A lot of the guys above will likely come back strong in 2011. I'd bet this system looks a lot better next season, unless we trade away a bunch of key guys.

The AA team seemed weak this year and the AAA team wound up mostly either called up or traded, but there seemed to be a lot of guys making noise at the lower levels too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)
The AA team seemed weak this year and the AAA team wound up mostly either called up or traded, but there seemed to be a lot of guys making noise at the lower levels too.

As many others are saying, I think the AA team next year is likely to be quite good.