White Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
KW really needs to be looking to trade Teahen this offseason. He's an awful fit in the AL, as he'd be much better off playing in the NL.

But are you ready to commit to Morel or Viciedo for that position?

Bringing back Vizquel? You can't think he could repeat anything close to a 700 OPS at age 44...interesting decision.

Game, Twins.

Unless Liriano or the bullpen has a meltdown.

But the Royals have never played well in Minnesota. Actually, they've never played well anywhere since the early 90's.

Thome OPS up to 1.024. Two walks. And even his 4-3 "shift" groundouts to short RCF were more interesting than Kotsay's 8 hop rollovers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
I'm sure they'll lose again...but it would be nice if they lose more than once a week. Their starting pitching is doing an amazing job of keeping them in every game and allowing their offense a chance to win the game. Can't believe they're all the way up to 24 games over .500

Here's the point. On their current pace of losing about once a week, they're going to win around 100 games. Anyone think the Twins are a 100-win team? No.

What goes up . . . will at least level off. We just need to keep winning.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Game, Twins.

Unless Liriano or the bullpen has a meltdown.

But the Royals have never played well in Minnesota. Actually, they've never played well anywhere since the early 90's.

Did you know in 1990 KC had the highest payroll in baseball?

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)
Here's the point. On their current pace of losing about once a week, they're going to win around 100 games. Anyone think the Twins are a 100-win team? No.

Why aren't they a 100 win team? They're good in every aspect, and have nearly all of their players performing well. People really underestimate how awful their schedule is the rest of the way.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)

Wouldn't you think the Sox should level off as well? I just don't think the Sox can be more than 2 or 3 at the most back after the Minnesota series next week to have a realistic chance. 4 or 5 back would be almost impossible to overcome, especially considering Minnesota's opponents.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 01:04 AM)
Sometimes I think that Carlos Quentin sucks. Sometimes I think that Carlos Quentin is pretty good.

He's a weird dude, and a weird baseball player.

It's the road...of course he sucks. I do think Boston should trade for him, as he'd be a great player at Fenway.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
Did you know in 1990 KC had the highest payroll in baseball?

Ewing Kauffman >>> David Glass

You can't have two more polarizing figures...Kauffman being universally loved and respected, Glass vilified for his Wal-Mart, cost-cutting, bottom line ways. He just doesn't look like the kind of guy you even think of having a beer with.