White Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
i don't think so. he's not hitting it as consistently hard as the 1st half of this season, but I think it's because pitchers are adjusting to him. He seems real susceptible to the outside breaking pitch with 2 strikes.

League has also caught on that he'll take the first pitch almost every AB. That gets him behind in the count, and gives him one pitch to get a good swing at before the wipeout offspeed pitch in the dirt.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
The only thing we can hope for is getting Verlander out of there in the 6th or 7th and a Tiger bullpen implosion.

I can see it happening. I'm not counting this team out of this game yet, especially with the way they've been playing for the last week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
Time to shut down Garcia until he can actually pitch more than a few innings. And as Brian said earlier, let's hope he actually does sign elsewhere. No way you can keep counting on him.

he can follow guillen to the marlins

Every 10-15 games, the White Sox just have one of these horrible defensive efforts across-the-board.

The bigger concern is the starting rotation with Garcia's back. You can't go to a four man.

And there's just no way you can expect Harrell to beat Verlander.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes, but the fact that the Twins get production from the like of Fox (who they DFA'ed after a victory) and Valencia and our best is Harrell and Torres? Well, we've known about lack of pitching depth after Hudson at the AA/AAA level for a couple of years now.

Sale can help eventually, but certainly not this season as a starter.