White Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
No matter how you slice it, if the Sox are more than 3 games down in the lost column by next tuesday, forget it

while it would be best to be 3 or less down in the loss column, that series and the one to close out the season (us vs. indians, them vs. toronto) will be huge even if we are 4 out. Blue Jays are very good.

LOL at Thome with 1.022 OPS.

2nd and 3rd for Twins already with one out. Delmon Young strikes again.

We have to believe Bannister will beat Liriano? Yikes.

Seems the Twins ALWAYS score that runner from 3rd with less than 2 outs since the ASB. Must be a 75-80% conversion rate compared to the MLB average of around 53%.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
while it would be best to be 3 or less down in the loss column, that series and the one to close out the season (us vs. indians, them vs. toronto) will be huge even if we are 4 out. Blue Jays are very good.

Blue Jays are going to be shutting down Cecil, and they've already shut down Morrow.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
LOL at Thome with 1.022 OPS.

2nd and 3rd for Twins already with one out. Delmon Young strikes again.

We have to believe Bannister will beat Liriano? Yikes.

Seems the Twins ALWAYS score that runner from 3rd with less than 2 outs since the ASB. Must be a 75-80% conversion rate compared to the MLB average of around 53%.

Hopefully somehow KC will win one of these and if the Sox don't come back tonight, they will take the next 2. You don't want to be in the situation where they have to sweep Minnesota next week to have any chance. 7-0 on this trip. 4-3 could have meant death to the playoff hopes. I sent my playoff money in today. I don't think I would have if they were 6 out.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)

2008 taught everyone not to count any team out before the final day of the season, if 2005/2006 and 2009 didn't also do the same in the ALCD.

Although I truly believe this Twins' team is much much better than that 2008 team that was competing again one year ahead of schedule after "rebuilding" with the losses of Santana/Hunter.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
Hopefully somehow KC will win one of these and if the Sox don't come back tonight, they will take the next 2. You don't want to be in the situation where they have to sweep Minnesota next week to have any chance. 7-0 on this trip. 4-3 could have meant death to the playoff hopes. I sent my playoff money in today. I don't think I would have if they were 6 out.

Isn't Greinke starting tmrw?

As someone else mentioned, it's going to suck if the Twins batter two AAA pitchers for the Blue Jays when Cecil and Morrow should have been out there. Although it has a funny way of working out that pitchers a team hasn't seen previously can have some uncanny performances, and maybe the Twins become overconfident. One can only hope.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
that wasnt on purpose. the fastball just ran in.

I'm sure your right, but it seems a lot more Sox hitters get hit than the opposition. Its time to hit one of their guys just to make a point. If anything it might get a warning.

Hawk always b****es about the warnings, but it seems the opposition throws tight more often than the White Sox. It could just in my mind.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 12:45 AM)
you guys make it sound like they won't lose again

I'm sure they'll lose again...but it would be nice if they lose more than once a week. Their starting pitching is doing an amazing job of keeping them in every game and allowing their offense a chance to win the game. Can't believe they're all the way up to 24 games over .500