White Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
Why aren't they a 100 win team? They're good in every aspect, and have nearly all of their players performing well. People really underestimate how awful their schedule is the rest of the way.

I've been on the Twins bandwagon all year; I think they're a really good team -- and better than us, 1-9. Their lineup is excellent. But the pitching is flat-out over-performing (particularly the back of their rotation and a fella like Matt Capps), they don't have Morneau, and Jim Thome is playing every day now and streaking. That generally means that (a) Jimmy's going to get tired; and (B) Jimmy, the ultimate streak hitter, is about to see his OPS take a little digger. And he's the key to their offense right now. Add it up, and you get a very good team, but not one that's going to average a loss a week for the next month.

But, of course, I could be completely wrong.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Haha, R. Manuel of Boston gave up a homer to the first batter he faced tonight. Worst pitcher I've ever seen in the majors.

He's going to have to be pretty bad to reach Scott Ruffcorn status. I don't think Ruffcorn ever had a good inning. I'm not talking outing, I'm talking inning.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
I've been on the Twins bandwagon all year; I think they're a really good team -- and better than us, 1-9. Their lineup is excellent. But the pitching is flat-out over-performing (particularly the back of their rotation and a fella like Matt Capps), they don't have Morneau, and Jim Thome is playing every day now and streaking. That generally means that (a) Jimmy's going to get tired; and (B) Jimmy, the ultimate streak hitter, is about to see his OPS take a little digger. And he's the key to their offense right now. Add it up, and you get a very good team, but not one that's going to average a loss a week for the next month.

But, of course, I could be completely wrong.

I think you're right. You will be completely wrong.

The Sox manager inspired Thome to new heights.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
Is Kotsay and his .175 batting average still the worst in baseball with RISP?

amazing he didnt get DFA'd months ago and while we are in a pennant chase, he gets the start. viciedo could have played instead...ugh, such a painful season.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 01:19 AM)
Is Kotsay the worst in baseball? Without a question...

Funny thing is he's gotten enough hits to not have an abysmal batting average. However, he does a lot of stuff that hurts your offense. He can't hit with RISP, he's a horrible base runner, and is allergic to having productive outs.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
Is Kotsay the worst in baseball? Without a question...

Reinsdorf wanted to catch lightening in a bottle with the entire offense.

Man, it's gotta be hard to be the GM with two hands tied behind your back.

The owner hand picks your manager and doesn't allow you to negotiate with the agent who represents the best in the game.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
i hate mark teahen

Teahen seems like a good guy, but I don't get what kenny saw in him...he's a poor defensive third baseman with 4 total homers this year. To quote the movie Office space, "What would you say it is you do here?"