Sox need to adjust the rotation for next week

macsandz

What would it take to throw Edwin in the Twins series? The Sox need to do whatever they can to change up what has become a psychological edge for MIN in this critical match-up. I say pull Floyd and pitch Jackson.

That along with Manny's presence can begin a move into a new direction for these games.

Something has got to be done to change up the psychology of this series as we all know aside from the absolute beatdown the boys just gave them in the last meeting, the Twins have been in the Sox' heads for sometime now. I would hope the team recognizes that they need to take advantage of the recent brilliant additions of Jackson, Manny and Sale as game-changing new blood and take advantage of them as much as possible in this rivalry.

Edited by bucket-of-suck

It can't really be done. We're already putting Freddy out there tomorrow coming off a stiff back, then Danks on Wednesday on short rest. Edwin is scheduled to pitch Saturday against KC. He could probably be moved to pitch Thursday against Minnesota, but then you'd have to move people all over the place. It's just not worth it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
It can't really be done. We're already putting Freddy out there tomorrow coming off a stiff back, then Danks on Wednesday on short rest. Edwin is scheduled to pitch Saturday against KC. He could probably be moved to pitch Thursday against Minnesota, but then you'd have to move people all over the place. It's just not worth it.

Spinning the rotation like a roulette wheel is never a good idea, but the Twins juju needs to be neutralized, as in the Boston sweep. Edwin has been lights out and may be too new to have "Minnephobia". Manny seems to live in an alternate reality in which fear does not exist. He loves this s** t.

I say go for it. The Twins are not going to run the table and they might as well blow a tire at the Cell.

OTOH, KC has been a big problem for us all year......

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
Career vs. Edwin Jackson:

Thome, 8-13, 1 2b, 2 hr, 6 BB, 1.891 OPS

Span, 4-9

Cuddyer, 4-6, 1 3b, 1 hr, 6 rbi, 3 BB, 2.227 OPS

Mauer, 3-10, 1 2b, 3 BB, .829 OPS

Hudson, 2-2

Kubel, 2-9, 1 2b

Jackson career vs. the Twins:

8 GP, 5 GS, 1-3, 7.76 ERA, 1.91 WHIP, .315 BAA

Welp, that seems to settle it.

I dunno, wouldn't switching up your rotation for the Twins series indicate you're LESS confident in your team's ability to beat them? Wouldn't that be MORE of a psychological mindf*** for the Sox? Like we can't beat them unless we do something drastic?

I mean, granted, I want my best pitchers up against them, but I don't see it being a psychological benefit.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
I feel pretty good about him against them at the Cell though.

I actually had to sit down and calculate this one because I don't know where to go for double career splits...but his home ERA against the Twins is still 4.58. Then you think for a moment and realize that there's a game 163 shutout built in there...and you worry a bit more.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
I actually had to sit down and calculate this one because I don't know where to go for double career splits...but his home ERA against the Twins is still 4.58. Then you think for a moment and realize that there's a game 163 shutout built in there...and you worry a bit more.

Although that does include an April 08 start where gave up 7 ER in 2.1 IP. Take that out and the ERA drops over a full run to 3.55. Then again, you can't just act like it didn't happen, although it was 2.5 years ago.