9/8 GT: Sox @ Detroit - 6:05pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
Teahen equals yuck.

Seriously, how is this team contending? Man we have some mediocre baseball players on this team.

Teahen hasn't been too bad since returning. And every team has some mediocre players. The Sox have a lot of talent, but they need to put it all together...right now. Just like during the big run back in June and July.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Teahen hasn't been too bad since returning. And every team has some mediocre players. The Sox have a lot of talent, but they need to put it all together...right now. Just like during the big run back in June and July.

Teahen's defense has been so brutal. When you produce mediocre results with the bat, you better bring your glove to the stadium. He does not.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Teahen's defense has been so brutal. When you produce mediocre results with the bat, you better bring your glove to the stadium. He does not.

Good point. I wasn't looking at it from a defensive standpoint. Unfortunately, Teahen is a good bench guy or occasional DH. The Sox are paying too much for him to be just that.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
Good point. I wasn't looking at it from a defensive standpoint. Unfortunately, Teahen is a good bench guy or occasional DH. The Sox are paying too much for him to be just that.

Defense has been one of our strengths this year. And our first big win streak did not start until Teahen got hurt and Omar took over at third.

With Teahen in the lineup, we tend to lose. I don't have the numbers, but my gut says they will support this statement

Anyway, don't we all have one player we can't stand, just because....and as you point out, the deal was too rich for too long.

The fact that he is forced to play because Becks was HBP makes it even worse. Could've been Manny last night, and he's already been hit how many times in the last week?

Edited by 11and1

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
I love that when people talk about injuries Jake Peavy seems to not come up in the conversation.

So true.

Haven't thought about him for months. Maybe because he's been injured more than he's played, we don't know what we're missing?

He does make EJax look like a real bargain, though.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
I love that when people talk about injuries Jake Peavy seems to not come up in the conversation.

That is funny. Even when he went down it seemed like there wasn't a ton of talk. Obviously he is missed and we will need him next year.