9/8 GT: Sox @ Detroit - 6:05pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
I am having some serious doubts about whether Teahan can play 3B. Is Joe Crede available next year?

I said it yesterday, but Teahen needs to go this offseason. He's just a terrible fit with this team, and is making way too much money for someone that doesn't appear to deserve to be starting.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
I said it yesterday, but Teahen needs to go this offseason. He's just a terrible fit with this team, and is making way too much money for someone that doesn't appear to deserve to be starting.

Okay, but who would take him? Well, at least you'd figure we'd get nothing back for him.

maybe the Royals would trade us Josh Fields for Teahen??

The problem is he is a bench/role player at best, but making too much to be a bench/role player. I really can't imagine another team willing to take him on as a starter at this point. He was a below-average starting player for five years with the Royals, and now he has this year to add onto his resume. Sad as it is to say, that ill-advised extension he was given last winter probably means we are saddled with him for the next two years.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
Fine by me. You'd think Morel or Viciedo will be ready for 3rd next year..

Well, Viciedo has to play somewhere on the big league team or KW really screwed up not trading him when his value was huge at the deadline. Count me off the Morel bandwagon...I don't think he's strong enough to hit in the majors.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
Well, Viciedo has to play somewhere on the big league team or KW really screwed up not trading him when his value was huge at the deadline. Count me off the Morel bandwagon...I don't think he's strong enough to hit in the majors.

I only saw his one at bat yesterday, and he didn't look great. Are his numbers low in the minors?