9/8 GT: Sox @ Detroit - 6:05pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

Its time to start hitting the opposition if only to put a thought in the opposing pitcher's head that one of his guys is going to pay if he hits a White Sox. It may make him a little leary pitching inside and miss a bit and the ball may wind up in the stands. 70 White Sox HBP. White Sox pitchers have plunked 26/

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
I don't often criticize moves by KW, but what on earth were they thinking on this one? He doesn't pass the eye test at 3B, and the UZR backs that up.

Teahen is not a ML 3B. Plain and simple.

He's pretty much sucked for years, but KW sold and a lot of people around here bought, that if he stayed at one position, he would hit and field. He really isn't very good at either.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Jones can careless about getting hits. All he cares about is being able to pull the ball to left field, I don't know why these guys don't just come out and tell the f***ing truth

That's what most of the right handed hitters do on this team.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
I don't often criticize moves by KW, but what on earth were they thinking on this one? He doesn't pass the eye test at 3B, and the UZR backs that up.

Teahen is not a ML 3B. Plain and simple.

Buddy Bell made the recommendation based on his time working with Teahen previously.

Supposedly, Teahen would be a better hitter when offered more protection in the line-up.

Supposedly, Buddy Bell was going to revolutionize our minor league system. Still waiting on that one.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Jones can careless about getting hits. All he cares about is being able to pull the ball to left field, I don't know why these guys don't just come out and tell the f***ing truth

He goes through stretches, very short stretches, of willing to go the other way and becomes very effective, but he hits a couple of homers and he's back to his old ways. I still think he's been a pretty good bargain this year.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
I love Wimpy but he sucks as a play to play guy, where is Hawk???

Wimpy must be really bad if you're calling for Hawk.

Probably doesn't matter, we got done in by the two most worthless players on this team.

And why am I not surprised.

This is why I want both Williams and Guillen both gone.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
Buddy Bell made the recommendation based on his time working with Teahen previously.

Supposedly, Teahen would be a better hitter when offered more protection in the line-up.

Supposedly, Buddy Bell was going to revolutionize our minor league system. Still waiting on that one.

Buddy Bell gets slurped more for nothing than anyone in baseball history. He was a good player, but what has he done since? He wasn't a good manager, and all of a sudden he has all the answers. I'll believe it when I see it.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
Do it now.

Teahen plays, we lose. It never f***ing fails.

Two more years of this loser?

KW's Worst. Deal. Ever.

1. Todd Ritchie for Wells/Fogg/Lowe

2. Any Swisher deal

3. Ray Durham/draft picks for Jon Adkins

4. acquiring the wrong Berry/Barry from the Dodgers because KW spelled the name wrong on the list sent to MLB, I think that was the one where we received the unforgettable Onan Masaoka from LA

5. Billy Koch trade, although we got Cotts out of it...Koch REALLY sucked for us, big time, but he was a "fireballer" after Foulke, lol

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)

Buddy Bell should know a loser when he sees one. More to the point, so should Ozzie.