Manny, Konerko, Rios

shago

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
Am I the only one who hates Omar hitting second? But yeah that is what your 3-4-5 should be.

I'm not wild about it either, but at least he gets on base from time-to-time....

It'd be the Twins chasing the Sox if it weren't Teahen/Kotsay batting fifth with making game changing errors at 1b/3B. This team did AWESOME without Teahen, thanks to Vizquel's glove and he's also hit way above expectations. No playoff teams have anything that resemble Mark Kotsay, Mark Teahen, Scott Linebrink, Bobby Jenks ... That's a combined $17.75 million dollars of 2010 suckage.

And to think we could of had Orlando Hudson, Jim Thome for $6.5 MILLION

Edited by b-Rye

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
It'd be the Twins chasing the Sox if it weren't Teahen/Kotsay batting fifth with making game changing errors at 1b/3B. This team did AWESOME without Teahen, thanks to Vizquel's glove and he's also hit way above expectations. No playoff teams have anything that resemble Mark Kotsay, Mark Teahen, Scott Linebrink, Bobby Jenks ... That's a combined $17.75 million dollars of 2010 suckage.

And to think we could of had Orlando Hudson, Jim Thome for $6.5 MILLION

OK, it's over, we don't have Thome. I think all of us have exhausted our b**** time when it comes to not having Thome.

But I doubt Manny is going to hit 3rd, even though he should. Ozzie would need a brain for that to happen.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
WHy would we have signed Orlando Hudson? We had Beckham and Alexei up the middle already?

Beckham can play 3rd.. This team just always seems to have huge whole on it, and it starts with a failed offseason. ALL GAMES COUNT, Not just the last 20 in a tight pennant race.

2010: DH, Kotsay/Jones, 3B - Teahen; out of position, terrible 3B

2009: No leadoff man til we acquired Pods, No backup catcher til Castro was acquired, No 3B til Beckham came up, OF defense sucked ass til Rios was acquired.

2008: No CF, Swisher out of position, bad defensive outfield, no leadoff man, s***ty bullpen centered around overpaid Dotel/Linebrink

I don't feel like doing every year, but we didn't have a 5th starter for years to at the begining of the decade.

Edited by b-Rye

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
If the Sox can sweep the Twins they are far from done.

Its a big if, but if they deserve to be in the playoffs its something they have to do.

This. If we take care of business tomorrow we're still 8-2 on the road trip. Twins just got hot on a 9 game homestand. Before that they lost 3 out of 4 on the road to Texas. They're a .500 road team. We'll have Danks, Floyd, Buerhle on the bump and the addition of Manny and be at home. Stranger things have happened. Tho the Sox still have to take care of business against Detroit and then KC at home to get to that point.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
Am I the only one who hates Omar hitting second? But yeah that is what your 3-4-5 should be.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 01:35 AM)
I'm not wild about it either, but at least he gets on base from time-to-time....

I'm not wild about it as well, but I feel like I am an ingrate for thinking ill of Omar. Without his defense at third this year -- had Teahen been our everyday third baseman -- we'd never have had a pretty fun six weeks or so and would have been out of it all year.

I feel bad for thinking ill of the 1-2 punch of Juan and Omar considering they had good seasons. they just don't thrill me. I feel like that makes me a s***ty fan tho.