AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

Rongey is getting on the fans for calling in and complaining after a victory.

I think he must have been reading Greg's posts, haha.

Called Quentin's at-bat "gutless and feminine" which I would laugh if he said that to Carlo's face. CQ has been totally lost at the plate these last 2-3 weeks, there's no doubt about that. Rios seems to be coming out of his tailspin a bit, though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
Rios seems to be coming out of his tailspin a bit, though.

.824 OPS in 9 September games.

If you cherry pick (which I do not condone) his numbers are awesome over his last 15 games (1.000+ OPS).

Regardless of how much he's being paid we have an elite defensive CF with an .815 OPS and 4.0+ WAR, that's pretty exciting. You have to go back to 2004 to find that last time we've seen that and that guy didn't reach 600 PA.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Called Quentin's at-bat "gutless and feminine"

"Gutless and feminine" sounds like a phrase a Jim Rome caller might use to describe something. If thats anything how this call went I'm sad that I missed it.

Really though, it would be glorious if he (Q) got out of this rut for the next few weeks or so. It would be like adding a September call-up impact bat that is playoff eligible.

I've never been a big Ozzie guy as a manager, but I must say, I loved the way he came out and exploded on that umpire tonight. There is no doubt in the players minds who he backs right now. He knew he was going to be tossed, but enough was enough and he had to tell that guy to f*** off. Now if he will tell or encourage his pitchers to hit a few guys, I think the Sox are back in business, at least I hope so considering how much money I had to pay them on Monday.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 11:47 PM)
I've never been a big Ozzie guy as a manager, but I must say, I loved the way he came out and exploded on that umpire tonight. There is no doubt in the players minds who he backs right now. He knew he was going to be tossed, but enough was enough and he had to tell that guy to f*** off. Now if he will tell or encourage his pitchers to hit a few guys, I think the Sox are back in business, at least I hope so considering how much money I had to pay them on Monday.

I did too. It looked very much like the home plate ump was waiting for West to call the balk when he made the call. They showed both of them on replay, the throw to first was made, he hesitates both times, and then calls the balk. MLB has to wonder why Buehrle has 4 balks all year, and all 4 of them were called by this crew.

Ozzie had every right to explode on this umpire crew. Someone has to realize that something is up when a guy who almost never balks gets called for four balks in two games...when both games were umpired by the same crew. It doesn't take a keen sense to realize that the crew has it out for Ozzie and the Sox.

Also, how often do you see the umpire make a pitcher remove a bracelet or a necklace? Yes, it happens from time to time, but was it just coincidence that they made Putz remove his bracelet in the eighth and Sale his necklace in the ninth last night? Or can it be that this crew is just looking for anything they can find to call on the Sox? I believe it's the latter.

Supposedly Reinsdorf is buddies with Selig. It's time for JR to make a phone call.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
Also, how often do you see the umpire make a pitcher remove a bracelet or a necklace? Yes, it happens from time to time, but was it just coincidence that they made Putz remove his bracelet in the eighth and Sale his necklace in the ninth last night? Or can it be that this crew is just looking for anything they can find to call on the Sox? I believe it's the latter.

Supposedly Reinsdorf is buddies with Selig. It's time for JR to make a phone call.

There's no doubt that umpire crew has something against Ozzie and/or the Sox. And, to make matters worse, they are childish about it. The phantom balks are one thing, but the necklace and bracelet thing is another. I find it humorous how most of the national media just says that Buehrle was called for two balks, instead of analyzing it and showing that there were no balks. I'm sure if Andy Pettite was called for two balks ESPN would have a 1/2 hour special on it.

liked the result but one run in seven innings in a game that you know you can pick up in the standings against bruce f***ing chen is not something to get excited about.

offensively yhis team does not adjust from one ab to another.

go to the central thread and see what grienke said about the twins and you will realize why they win and beat s*** pitchers.

in a do or die time of the season the white sox offense has been stifled by three guys that should either be out of baseball or in the minors.