SALE AND MOREL

macsandz

White sox farm system coming through. Chris Sale drafted less than 3 months ago gets his second save in as many chances and Brent Morel hits his first career HR that proves to be the difference in a MUST win game in the heat of a pennant race.

Edited by bucket-of-suck

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
White sox farm system coming through. Chris Sale drafted less than 3 months ago gets his second save in as many chances and Brent Morel hits his first career HR that proves to be the difference in a MUST win game in the heat of a pennant race.

And our GM is Kenny Williams. They'll both be with other organizations this time next year.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
Name a prospect that has come back to bite them in the ass.

I'm waiting.

You seriously misunderstood what J4L was saying.

And I'll add to Real's Gio and say Chris Young this year hasn't been too bad (.266/.345/.467/.812, 20/20 player, 4.4 WAR, 5.9 UZR) and this is comming from someone who was not a fan of Young as a prospect when he was here.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 12:50 AM)
And our GM is Kenny Williams. They'll both be with other organizations this time next year.

I think Sale is gonna be around a while. He shot past prospect status and is now a major league player under control for quite some time. Kenny usually trades prospects, not so much his major league players. Morel is debatable, he probably is going to be available for the right price, but given how Teahen blew his shot and Omar isnt getting any younger, plus Dayan doesnt really look to be a major league 3b, Morel is more valuable to the Sox now than he was in the spring.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves and get all giddy and everything. You can't make a prediction that Morel is our next Robin Ventura or Melton or Crede with one homer. It was nice and he shows some glove, but it was only one homer. Remember how everyone thought Josh Fields was the cats meow too? But, he looks prety good I will admit.

Edited by elrockinMT

The thing about Kenny trading prospects is he used to deal guys who never turned out to do crap, but now he's starting to trade guys who are really good (Gio, Young) and guys who are fairly servicable (Ely).

That's what worries me. It seems he has lost his touch a little bit on that.

Trading what we traded to Oakland for Swisher was a horrific trade, even if DLS never amounts to diddly.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 04:13 AM)
You seriously misunderstood what J4L was saying.

And I'll add to Real's Gio and say Chris Young this year hasn't been too bad (.266/.345/.467/.812, 20/20 player, 4.4 WAR, 5.9 UZR) and this is comming from someone who was not a fan of Young as a prospect when he was here.

My point was that if they did get traded (I'm not saying Jordan implied that) I think KW gets the serious benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
14 Wins with a 3.16 ERA

how do you figure?

Well he pitches in one of the most pitcher friendly parks in baseball. His FIP is 3.69 and his xFIP is 4.12 (nearly a run higher than his ERA, ouch).

Young has been alright, I do like that he has cut down on his strike outs, but Rios> Young no question.

To me, Chris Carter (went to AZ in the Quentin trade, then to Oakland in the Dan Harren package) might be the first to really say "damn I wish he had that guy."

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
14 Wins with a 3.16 ERA

how do you figure?

And he's only 24.

The first time they traded him, I was fine with it, cause you had to give something good up to get a slugger like you-know-who (I'm sick of reading his name on here), and I think it was worth his 4 years here.

The second time they traded him, the plan was good, cause Swisher has shown he can be a good player in NY, but for whatever reason (Ozzie, clubhouse, blah blah) it will turn out to bite the Sox in the ass cause they got only one s***ty year out of him and then had to trade him away for cents on the dollar

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Gio, Rchard and Hudson will win over 40 games combined next year...count on it. That's a lot to trade with not much back in return.

If Peavy comes back to form, him and EJax will give you a nice return.

Gio, Rchard and Hudson will win over 40 games combined next year...count on it. That's a lot to trade with not much back in return.

LMAO at calling a return of Edwin Jackson, Jake Peavy, and even Nick Swisher whom I personally hate, "not much back in return."

Kenny f***ed up on the first Swisher deal, but Dan Hudson will never in his life have the stuff Edwin Jackson does and Clayton Richard will never in his life win a Cy Young like Peavy did. Kenny has a set and he showed it with both of these deals. If we can ride Edwin the way we rode Jose Contreras in '05-'06, and if we get a full year of a healthy Peavy from 2011 on, then both of those moves were excellent, excellent baseball moves. The name of the game on the Southside is winning when it counts, because without that the fans don't show up, and without them the best Kenny can do is run out some #3/#4 starters like Hudson and Richard on the cheap with no real hope of doing anything in the playoffs should we get there for lack of the necessary "horses."

The Hudson love on this board post-trade is sickening. He will be good, but he's not going to be this good in the end, and IMO people are just trying to justify all their ridiculous Jackson hate at the time of the trade. Jackson has always had that true #1 ace kind of pedigree and it should be no surprise that he's pitching that way now under Coop after making significant strides each season up until the first half of this one with the DBacks. Kenny will be proven right with this move. Hudson is not another Haren.

Nice, naming two pitchers who call home to the two most pitcher friendly parks in baseball, and a third who has been pretty lucky and faced mediocre teams in a 1/2 season.

Also I'd like to echo what Kenny Hates Prospects said.