Twins vs Sox 7:10 Start---Liriano vs Danks

jasonxctf

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:20 AM)
This entire thing is a mess. I don't see a light at the end of this tunnel until they just clean house. Kenny and Ozzie need to go. Clean out the minor leagues, and just start over.

There is no plan. From the top to the bottom. We fling crap at the wall and pray something sticks. For years we have used the buy low methodlogy to picking up outside help. Not being able to understand that your mancrush from 5 years ago, is not the same player sans injuries and age.

The minor leagues are just abysmal. We have had 2 times over the last few years to reload and haven't because Kenny always thinks he is one player away. We still go searching for bargains in the draft instead of looking for talent. The only difference is that we are now at least paying attention to the first round. Afte that its almost like we think there is nothing there after the first round.

Then of course we don't instruct. Wear the mitt on your head and we will promote you. Can't hit a curveball, you get promoted. Dont know which way to run, we promote you.

The plan is pretty obvious.

Be "competitive" every year so the crowds aren't abysmal and hope for a ton of career years, lightning in the bottle.

Nice at bat, Manny.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:29 AM)
Dick Allen, you were right. The Manny acquisition had disaster written all over it.

Not bringing in a lefty hitter is simply inexcusable. One of KW or Ozzie has got to go, and I used to say it would be a travesty if Ozzie was the one who got to stay, but I honestly think KW has sucked worse than last two seasons.

Another second half s*** the pants effort. We had the usual 2nd half sox versus the twins, we kicked the ball a bit, centered a few pitches up to the twinks, and then of course get men into scoring position and then strike out or pop up. The players change, the same f***ing thing happens. At least in the 90s the Indians just beat you to death and you were numb before it was over. This death by 1000 paper cuts crap is just murder.

I have our slogan for next years marketing campaign.

Its September baseball, a fresh yellow streak is running down our leg. Some might call it piss, we call it a rally river. For Tickets call.