Twins vs Sox 7:10 Start---Liriano vs Danks

jasonxctf

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
The Twins must laugh their asses off on flights about their owning of the Sox, aside from the magical playoff game.

It would help to get a manager who isn't scared of the Sox biggest rival and have a roster full of players that don't piss their pants when they play the Twins because they expect to lose.

The players performance, though not right now what we want, is not because they are lazy or don't care. Baseball's hard and they're playing better than most everybody. They are going to win around 90 games. They've even played well recently. Twins have just played lights out. We do have young talent. Some perspective. Hindsight is always easy. They're still my team, and I get frustrated, sure, but I love 'em.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
The players performance, though not right now what we want, is not because they are lazy or don't care. Baseball's hard and they're playing better than most everybody. They are going to win around 90 games. They've even played well recently. Twins have just played lights out. We do have young talent. Some perspective. Hindsight is always easy. They're still my team, and I get frustrated, sure, but I love 'em.

Exactly what Reinsdorf wants to hear you say and it's exactly why there is no sense of urgency.

He can live off 2005 for the next 2005 years.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:37 AM)

That's why I say the Sox "plan" is always to be competitive and hope for a ton of career years.

I don't think the Sox are ever going to want to "rebuild" cause with our fan base if we are out of it on June 1, it means horrible horrible crowds all summer.

This offseason isn't going to be a good one for me, cause how can any of us be looking forward to more of this next year. Minnie according to Fathom has ton of room to add players. They are only going to get better and until our starters become dominant, we figure to be just second best again.

I agree we have had a decent season and they are also my team, but we reek vs. the Central.

:headbang I'll start thinking like that in December, Maybe January
QUOTE (bobryansson @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
It would help to get a manager who isn't scared of the Sox biggest rival and have a roster full of players that don't piss their pants when they play the Twins because they expect to lose.

This has been going on for.....seems like forever,

Those Manuel teams with guys like Frank and Maggs found a way to choke against the Twins.

The beatdowns from the Twins wouldn't be so bad if the Sox didn't lose to the lower half of the AL.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Exactly what Reinsdorf wants to hear you say and it's exactly why there is no sense of urgency.

He can live off 2005 for the next 2005 years.

The fact of this is true. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear it and I'm sure he will always love 2005. We all will. The implication that he, or the players, don't care is not a consequence of that, though.