Time To Change The Business Model

BearingPro

It's sad to think some of us would prefer we got that route though. Twins are not going to go anywhere, and they will have a healthy Morneau back and a healthy Nathan. (remember he's having surgery on him elbow, not his shoulder) Seems to work with Minnesota because they draft and develop well. Guys like Morel though is a typical Twins-like prospect and I still like Flowers.

I'm more interested to see these guys (Morel, Viciedo, Flowers) play out the rest of this season like I said in the game if/when the Twins puts the finishing touches on this series not to mention a guy like Infante in the pen. Hell play Brent Lillibridge too. Just get Juan Pierre out of my sight.

Trust me, this year and 2007 looked much different.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious problem with trading Rios is replacing him.

Sure, you get out from under that contract, but it took KW how long to adequately replace Rowand?

It sure would be nice if Mitchell was close to ready...but he's at least 1 1/2 seasons away, unfortunately.

If you lost Konerko, Quentin and Rios from the offense, your two best players heading into 2011 would be Beckham and Ramirez...of course we'd have 3 new players, but can KW pull a rabbit out of a hat and get equal offensive production for the same amount of money, something like $25-30 million?

Maybe. But then when you start looking at available 1B or available RF/DH or left-handed DH types and especially replacement CFers, there's not a ton of them on the market this offseason. It's not like there won't be a bidding war for Dunn, and someone like Carlos Pena could be a horrible sign or the pick-up of the offseason, a J. Gomes/Cantu or a DFA.

Unfortunately, the really big salary logjam is caused by Peavy, Buerhle, Teahen and Linebrink...there's no getting around it. The only obvious solutions are trading one of Danks/Floyd/Jackson in a package with Quentin, but that has disaster written all over it IMO.

Edited by caulfield12

If you lost Konerko, Quentin and Rios from the offense, your two best players heading into 2011 would be Beckham and Ramirez...of course we'd have 3 new players, but can KW pull a rabbit out of a hat and get equal offensive production for the same amount of money, something like $25-30 million?

IMO, this team CANNOT lose both of Konerko and Rios.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
You realize the Red Sox have a limitless budget and were almost 30 million more than us this year, yes? And that the "genius" GM they have signed Lackey and Cameron this past offseason.

And the "genius" over at Tampa Bay had roughly 64 #1-3 draft picks.

I'm not calling them bad GM's, but all this bulls*** about how there is apparently a treasure trove of genius GM's out there better than KW is getting ridiculous. You have to take other factors into account, the Rays wouldn't be anywhere without sucking ass for a decade and hitting the jackpot on a couple of the dozen #1 picks they had.

KW has built some solid teams which underperformed, won more playoff games this year than most, and has a ring. Lets please not turn this into a Bears backup QB scenario.

Here Fkn Here!!!! The Red Sox are the Yankees with melted helmets, thee decades of hyping them as the Yankees whipping boyz on ESPN paid off with a large national following that puts them in the elite revenue category, they can in fact buy whomever they want just like NYY, so spare me this crap about how godly Theo Freakin Stepstine is.....give him the Pirates and let's see how brilliant his silver spoon Harvard ass is