Carl Everett...I'm calling you out.

Loaiza21

We need Everett to step up and play well on the West Coast for us. 18 of his HR's are with Texas....In fact let me go over some splits here....

Vs Seattle .167 AVG 0 HR 1 RBI

Vs Oakland .237 AVG 4 HR 7 RBI

Vs Anaheim .500 AVG 4 HR 6 RBI

Everett is weak vs Seattle, mediocre vs Oakland, and amazing vs. Anaheim. Hopefully he uses what he knows about the west coast and becomes the White Sox 2003 West Coast Weapon!

Everett hasn't torn it up by any means, but he's had a lot of key hits behing Maggs that we didn't have earlier in the year. Here are a few I can recall off the top of my head during our winning stretch.

1. 4-3 win over Cleveland. Bottom of 3rd hit 2-run single to retake the lead Porzio had just given up. No more runs were scored in the game.

2. Next game. He was intentionally walked to pitch to Konerko, who was hit in his cup to drive in the winning run.

3. Escobar game against Toronto. After the rain delay, he hit double which drove in first run and put Maggs on 3rd where he promptly scored second run to tie game at 2-2. Score remained there until 13th when Sox got 2 and won 4-3.

4. Last night. Single in 6th set table for Konerko's 2-run bomb that put us on top and gave us just enough room to get to 11th when we broke out for 3 more.

I may have missed something, but that's 4 wins out of 12 where he made a key contribution to help us win the ballgame. No HRs there, but key hits or walks that led to crucial runs. The kind of thing we almost never saw in the first half.

I'd be happy if Everett continued along at his current pace until the playoffs and got hot then.

ESPN just took a cheap shot at Carl.  They were doing this piece on A-Rod and talking about all the mistakes the Rangers made after acquiring ARod.  Rocker was the first mentioned, the second was the signing of Everett.

Well, ESPN can bite me.

Carl was never a problem for the Rangers. Buck Showalter was a big fan of his, and having Buck on your side is not easy to achieve.

ESPN just took a cheap shot at Carl.  They were doing this piece on A-Rod and talking about all the mistakes the Rangers made after acquiring ARod.  Rocker was the first mentioned, the second was the signing of Everett.

See how s*** will dog you forever. I get all the Ranger and Astros coverage down here and Carl was a model citizen for the Rangers.

In some cases, like Carl and Robbies you have to give the guy a break.

In other's throw the book and make it stick :sosasucks :D :D

That was on PTI they were talkin to a Houston reporter about how the Rangers have made bad decisions. He named Carl, but I don't think Carl was a bad decision. I think the guy just doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yeah.... I know. Gotta rely on Game Threads in Chicago because stupid f***in' FSN thinks the 3rd Place sCrUBS are more important.

Someone explain to me why both games are on fox and neither on Wgn?????????????? :angry: :bang

Someone explain to me why both games are on fox and neither on Wgn??????????????    :angry:  :bang

The Cubs were supposed to be done hours ago, but the storms and 12 innings kinda messed that up. This usually happens once or twice a year, but then they will stick the 2nd game on FSNPlus until the first is over.