If we don't win tomorrow, it's over

sin city sox fan

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
A 7 game deficit will be tough enough to overcome....if the Twins lead in the division goes to 9 games, I fear are chances are over.

Lets hope Buehrle can get the job done in the series finale.

The final run must start tomorrow!

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

I think almost everyone pegged the game 1 loss as the official end of the season. I haven't even bothered to follow along w/ these past 2 games.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
I think almost everyone pegged the game 1 loss as the official end of the season. I haven't even bothered to follow along w/ these past 2 games.

Ditto. In my eyes the season ended on the first game. I only looked at the score in the 5th inning in game 2 to see if we could at least win that one and have a chance to take 2/3 and give us a microscopic hope, but we couldn't even pull that off.

wow, talk about being an optimist, you are definitely an extreme one. the season has been over before the series started. Our plan was to sweep the twins this series, being 3 back with 12 to go is already a long shot. 7 back with 12 to go? not even if the Twins implodes to finish the season. If the twins go 5-7, and we would have to go 12-0. you probably have a better chance of winning the little lotto instead.

funny that everyone wants a sweep of the twins this series, even the players, but we could be the one end up being swept. good job white sox.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 12:40 AM)
wow, talk about being an optimist, you are definitely an extreme one. the season has been over before the series started. Our plan was to sweep the twins this series, being 3 back with 12 to go is already a long shot. 7 back with 12 to go? not even if the Twins implodes to finish the season. If the twins go 5-7, and we would have to go 12-0. you probably have a better chance of winning the little lotto instead.

funny that everyone wants a sweep of the twins this series, even the players, but we could be the one end up being swept. good job white sox.

12 to go? I was under the impression we had like 18 to go....?

When I saw this thread I thought It's over meant the world was over.

Cause like many said the race was over after the first game. Even if we'd swept which obviously we had no chance of doing since we are going to get swept, it would have been a longshot at best for a playoff game. How can a team be hot the entire second half? Twins may wind up WS champs, folks. I'm serious. It's their year.

The White Sox second half has been embarrassing at best.

The first half embarrassment was losing all those games to Cleveland. The second half embarrassment was getting knocked out, brutalized really, by Minnesota. The head to head matchups with Minnesota have been about as humbling as it can get for a Sox fan in years. Seems every game we have to bend over and take another swat. Sucks.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
A 7 game deficit will be tough enough to overcome....if the Twins lead in the division goes to 9 games, I fear are chances are over.

Lets hope Buehrle can get the job done in the series finale.

The final run must start tomorrow!

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

Don't be so pessimistic. Even if they lose, they will only be 9 back with 16 to play, and 10 of those 16 are at home.

It was basically over after that first loss, but just to make sure...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)
It's not already over? If the Sox come back and win the division I'll shave my ass hairs and change my name to Leonardo.

...I'll book mark this post for the even very slight chance of possible future entertainment. :lolhitting

For me, the season ended officially when we lost the third game of that four-game series with the Tigers. We won the first and lost the next two, meaning we could only tie the series. It was do-or-die time, and they just bent over and took it.

I only wish I had the optimism of some people. To think that this team is still in it...well, I envy the people who actually believe that.

For me, the season ended officially when we lost the third game of that four-game series with the Tigers. We won the first and lost the next two, meaning we could only tie the series. It was do-or-die time, and they just bent over and took it.

I'll second that. In all reality the season pretty much tanked in August, if you go back and look at the record:

-Lost 3 out of 4 to Baltimore

-Lost 2 out of 3 to Minny

-Lost 2 out of 3 to Detroit

-Lost 2 out of 3 to Minny AGAIN

-Lost 2 out of 3 to KC

That's a winning percentage of .312.

Which, coming into September, still wasn't enough to knock us out, but then, after SWEEPING Boston:

-Immediately we lost 3 out of 4 to Detroit

That was the time to make a statement--if there was even one left to make--but instead we snuffed out momentum instead of building on it.

All that said, let's face the reality guys: the Twins are a far better team than us. I'm surprised we've managed to hang even this long, honestly. Since the All-Star break they are 41-16.

That's a .719 winning percentage.

It just wasn't our year this year. I'm at peace with that. We can at least enjoy the amazing tear we went on up to the ASB. By all accounts this could have been over in June. But they made it interesting until at least August. We just have too many holes right now, too much inconsistency.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
I just want them to play like they can still win it and at least make a man sized run at it in the final 15 games or so

Man I wish I had your optimism as well.

After tonight we are 9 out. The Twins are going to be able to rest up and set their rotation for the postseason and all that good stuff.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Man I wish I had your optimism as well.

After tonight we are 9 out. The Twins are going to be able to rest up and set their rotation for the postseason and all that good stuff.

Tuesday and Wednesday were demoralizing as a fan. Our pitchers, who had been a strength, soiled their diapers and the offesne couldn't click when needed-again. But, Thursday is a new day and hopefully Mark Buerhle steps up and is sharp on the hill and we pull out a victory. It's better to be 7 out and not 9

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
I'd put our official time of death at the Brian Roberts walkoff for the Orioles. That series signaled a change in direction for this team.

That home run was on a ball Putz set up on a tee and the echoes of bat on ball are still being heard in Camden Yards.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
I'd put our official time of death at the Brian Roberts walkoff for the Orioles. That series signaled a change in direction for this team.

I believe it was the fourth game of the Minny series where Jenks blew that save where we could've split but instead it fired up the Twins and they have been on a tear ever since after basically limping into the ASB, that to me was the turning point for Minny...