Ridiculously long, good Posnanski article on KW.

Steve9347

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
People have been saying that about the Royals for 10 years too.

The Royals have been over .500 once since 1995, and haven't even been to the playoffs for 25 years. They have been feeding us this crap about the Royals being back for years now, and it always falls apart. I see no reason to believe it until it actually happens. Put away the Alex Gordon jerseys.

some of you need to revisit the thoughts you had before 2005, when you would give anything for just ONE world series title to cherish in our lifetime.

go crack a cold one and pop in the DVD. there will be another season, there will ALWAYS be another season. it didn't work out this year, what can you say?

i'll have kenny's back for life. sure he did some things good, some things not so good, but he tries to give us a chance and i can't fault him for that.

don't stop get it get it

QUOTE (jhonnydanks @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)
some of you need to revisit the thoughts you had before 2005, when you would give anything for just ONE world series title to cherish in our lifetime.

go crack a cold one and pop in the DVD. there will be another season, there will ALWAYS be another season. it didn't work out this year, what can you say?

i'll have kenny's back for life. sure he did some things good, some things not so good, but he tries to give us a chance and i can't fault him for that.

don't stop get it get it

I'll let you hold onto your glory days, meanwhile when you're on your couch watching Nascar dreaming of that last TD pass you threw Ill be in my nice comfy house, with a great wife and awesome job.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
It is a bit disappointing to only have two playoff appearances in ten years. No matter what the team's record was, that really isn't enough appearances.

Really...we've had 3 playoff appearances in the last 10 year period (October 2000 was less than 10 years ago) and 3 in 11 seasons. That's right about average performance overall...and it's generally above where you'd expect the White Sox to wind up based on the total salary output of the team for the last decade.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
I'll let you hold onto your glory days, meanwhile when you're on your couch watching Nascar dreaming of that last TD pass you threw Ill be in my nice comfy house, with a great wife and awesome job.

if only coach had put me in 4th quarter at state....

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
Really...we've had 3 playoff appearances in the last 10 year period (October 2000 was less than 10 years ago) and 3 in 11 seasons. That's right about average performance overall...and it's generally above where you'd expect the White Sox to wind up based on the total salary output of the team for the last decade.

2/10 in the KW era. And that ratio is pathetic. We're not dealing with the Yankees and Red Sox every year. We keep getting fist-f***ed by the same team we've had a considerably higher payroll than every year up until now (though I suspect that will be changing soon).

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
Really...no it isn't. There are 5 teams in that division. If the dice fell completely at random...each team would win the division 2 times every 10 years.

What does this have to do with randomness? The Royals have a zero% chance of winning the division in a 10 year span.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
Really...no it isn't. There are 5 teams in that division. If the dice fell completely at random...each team would win the division 2 times every 10 years.

The Twins certainly don't seem to understand this randomness. As they're a coin-flip away from 7 division titles in the last 9 years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
The Twins certainly don't seem to understand this randomness. As they're a coin-flip away from 7 division titles in the last 9 years.

They most certainly don't. You would think that in a span of 19 playoff games, you would win have to win at least 8 or 9 of them, but their 3-16 record in their most recent playoff games tells a different story.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)

Oh come on. I'll just wait until October 7th and make my post again, then I'll be technically correct. GTFO.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
They most certainly don't. You would think that in a span of 19 playoff games, you would win have to win at least 8 or 9 of them, but their 3-16 record in their most recent playoff games tells a different story.

Whatever makes you feel better. I for one don't give a s*** what the Twins' playoff record is. I do care that they're the reason we're sitting at home like the Royals and Pirates just about every year watching the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
Whatever makes you feel better. I for one don't give a s*** what the Twins' playoff record is. I do care that they're the reason we're sitting at home like the Royals and Pirates just about every year watching the playoffs.

You may not give a s*** about the Twins playoff record, but I guarantee you Twins fans do. Those six playoff trips in 9 years are great and all, but when you have one ALCS tip to show for it and thats it, you tend to get unhappy with how your team keeps failing when it matters. Especially when your "less successful" division rivals have two WS trips in recent years and one of them went and won the whole damn thing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
You may not give a s*** about the Twins playoff record, but I guarantee you Twins fans do. Those six playoff trips in 9 years are great and all, but when you have one ALCS tip to show for it and thats it, you tend to get unhappy with how your team keeps failing when it matters. Especially when your "less successful" division rivals have two WS trips in recent years and one of them went and won the whole damn thing.

I understand that. But some are using the Twins playoff record as some kinda lame comfort. Like it's OK that they keep throwing us onto the pool table and gang-raping us (like they did Jodie Foster in the "Accused") because they get knocked out of the playoffs every year. Who cares? The more chances they give themselves, the better chance they'll eventually come through.