And that's a White Sox season!

Jordan4life_2007

From 9 1/2 out in June, to 4 1/2 up in July, to 9 out and counting in September. A total team second-half collapse that starts at the top with KW and then trickles down to the manager and onto the players (save PK, who's been magnificent all year). Shame. A great opportunity was there. Would've been a heck of a story. That's 8 fails in 10 years under KW. In a division that doesn't feature the Yankees or Red Sox. Hold on to 2005 as long as you'd like. Changes should be imminent. If not to management, as nobody is ever held accountable, then definitely in organizational philosophy.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
Does Bobby Jenks get a World Series ring if the Twins win it all? Hard to argue that he wasn't a catalyst for their amazing 2nd half run.

What pisses me off more than anything is that nobody will be held accountable. Actually one guy will be, Konerko. He won't be resigned for next year. That'll be the Sox gift to him. Allowing him to get a chance to win next year, that sure as f*** isn't a possibility playing with this clown crew.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:42 AM)
What pisses me off more than anything is that nobody will be held accountable. Actually one guy will be, Konerko. He won't be resigned for next year. That'll be the Sox gift to him. Allowing him to get a chance to win next year, that sure as f*** isn't a possibility playing with this clown crew.

If the Sox don't bring back Konerko, they run a big risk of losing even more of their fan base. Konerko is far and away the fan favorite it seems, as well he should be. It's too bad it's not the other fan favorite, Mr. Buehrle, who isn't the one we're looking to deal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
If the Sox don't bring back Konerko, they run a big risk of losing even more of their fan base. Konerko is far and away the fan favorite it seems, as well he should be. It's too bad it's not the other fan favorite, Mr. Buehrle, who isn't the one we're looking to deal.

I'm a bigger Buehrle fan than Konerko, so I'm one of the few here who would not mind seeing him sign somewhere else to compete for a title (if we can replace his production, not to mention he won't duplicate the year he's having this year). That being said, your right though.

f*** the Twins and their bulls*** brand of baseball. Little dinky hits, balls that hit bases, bulls*** calls by umps that save their asses, balls that hit off rafters in domes, taking cheap shots at opposing players, etc.

I hope the Yankees kick their asses and sweep them in the first round of the playoffs.

And screw Ozzie for never seeing to it that his team even the score against Young. And after what happened to Paulie tonight and later Pierre getting hit despite the warning, Young and Mauer should have had to spend the night in the hospital.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:50 AM)
f*** the Twins and their bulls*** brand of baseball. Little dinky hits, balls that hit bases, bulls*** calls by umps that save their asses, balls that hit off rafters in domes, taking cheap shots at opposing players, etc.

I hope the Yankees kick their asses and sweep them in the first round of the playoffs.

And screw Ozzie for never seeing to it that his team even the score against Young. And after what happened to Paulie tonight and later Pierre getting hit despite the warning, Young and Mauer should have had to spend the night in the hospital.

I agree, it's pathetic that Ozzie never retaliated against Delmon Young. And as for the Twins and their bs brand of baseball? The quality of their hitters is so much better than ours, it's not even close. I didn't see that many dinky hits by them this season (that would be KC and M. Aviles).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
From 9 1/2 out in June, to 4 1/2 up in July, to 9 out and counting in September. A total team second-half collapse that starts at the top with KW and then trickles down to the manager and onto the players (save PK, who's been magnificent all year). Shame. A great opportunity was there. Would've been a heck of a story. That's 8 fails in 10 years under KW. In a division that doesn't feature the Yankees or Red Sox. Hold on to 2005 as long as you'd like. Changes should be imminent. If not to management, as nobody is ever held accountable, then definitely in organizational philosophy.

My prediction:

Konerko will be back and there will be zero changes in management or philosophy.

Honestly, out of all the times we've lost to the Twins in the decade (not counting the Tigers), I can honestly say this was the year that they are just a way better team (on paper and on the field) than we were. The fact that most of us on this board here called that when spring training didn't even start! That was mind boggling. I thought Nathan going down would be bad for them getting those last 3 outs, but of course, the usual Twins way, they find a way to get the job done (same with Justin going down, boom, Thome carries the load lost from him). We all knew their offense was far superior. I was of the few here that knew Liriano was gonna do well in year 2 of TJ. (told ya wite :P) I didn't think Pavano would be this good (though there was a couple posters here that warned us, especially Ranger, that he was very underrated) We all knew their bullpen was really good, it was the other SP that we weren't too sure about. They all clicked in typical Twins fashion, and boom, here they are with another playoff appearance. In a way, I actually hope they can find a way to win the W.S. for more reasons than one (makes our org. wake the f*** up hopefully, no more posters here saying, oh they have own this division in this decade like the 90s Braves, i.e. poor man's version of them, but the 90s Braves do have that one world series win and the Twins don't etc.. etc..) Might be one of the only times they have a chance to play the Rays in the first round, which is a much better match-up for them, and we'll see from there.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 03:55 AM)
I agree, it's pathetic that Ozzie never retaliated against Delmon Young. And as for the Twins and their bs brand of baseball? The quality of their hitters is so much better than ours, it's not even close. I didn't see that many dinky hits by them this season (that would be KC and M. Aviles).

The way they approach the game starts right from the time they are drafted, onto the instructional leagues, all the way up to the majors.

It's simple, from the time they get these players, it's defense first, going to opposite field and learning how to take walks.

Their pitchers pound the strike zone, no matter what. They don;t have to have great stuff, but they can paint the corners with ease.

And they always believe they can win

Congrats to a model organization

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:42 AM)

I tend to agree. I wonder if Paulie may want out. That is a real possibility. We don't know what it's been like for the players the last 2 weird seasons. He may be begging for a change of scenery, though he'd never say that.

I hope he doesn't want to play for the Twins. He and Thome and 5-13 will be another reality.

Are we even going to win 5 versus Minnie next year? It's automatic when we have taken the field against them recently we lose. Didn't we win 2 of 3 one series against them. So virtually every other series was an epic disaster!!!

I vote for Oz and Kenny to come back, but both should be fined $100,000 for their second-half work. it was truly a pathetic performance by both of them. Donate the money to a charity of the Twins' choice. They both were that bad.

As far as players ... CQ has been very bad; Rios has had a fairly rotten second half, Juan and Omar just are not division-champion caliber players. definitely not everyday players on a division contender, I'd think Ozzie would tire of Juan as any sane person would on occasion, yet Juan played every single inning the second half it seemed like.

Teahen is so bad it's laugable, AJ had a good second half but still is Mr. double play, our starters were very ordinary to moderately bad the second half and our bullpen was so bad that it makes you wonder if we will be a last place team next year if the bullpen doesn't improve.

This is written in epic frustration mode, but I think I will agree with it even when I calm down tomorrow.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
Congrats to a model organization

Bulls***. They take cheap shots, throw at batters intentionally, beat s***ty teams on luck and then lose in the first round in the playoffs. If you want to admire a team like that and congratulate them that's fine --but why don't you do it on a Twins board?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
Bulls***. They take cheap shots, throw at batters intentionally, beat s***ty teams on luck and then lose in the first round in the playoffs. If you want to admire a team like that and congratulate them that's fine --but why don't you do it on a Twins board?

The Twins know how to assemble and manage a baseball team. They're proven time and time again that this isn't luck, this is just a quality approach to running a baseball organization.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 05:22 AM)

The twins play hard every night. We don't. The Twins never concede an inning during the season. We concede many. The Twins play the game hard all the time and do anything in their power to win (whether you believe it's cheap or not). If AJ didn;t like what Delmon Young did he should have punched in the face right then and there. They make their own luck by never giving anything away. They never believe that they are out of a game, and in return, their fans get to appreciate baseball after 162 games are played. Unfortunately we rarely do.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
I tend to agree. I wonder if Paulie may want out. That is a real possibility. We don't know what it's been like for the players the last 2 weird seasons. He may be begging for a change of scenery, though he'd never say that.

I doubt it. Players really don't think like fans. Players don't like leaving an organization they played for most of their career. He'll be back.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 05:33 AM)
The twins play hard every night. We don't. The Twins never concede an inning during the season. We concede many. The Twins play the game hard all the time and do anything in their power to win (whether you believe it's cheap or not). If AJ didn;t like what Delmon Young did he should have punched in the face right then and there. They make their own luck by never giving anything away. They never believe that they are out of a game, and in return, their fans get to appreciate baseball after 162 games are played. Unfortunately we rarely do.

I'm torn on the "playing hard" thing.

I think the Sox play hard. They came back tonight only to implode.

When things are going bad, the Sox never get the big hit. I don't think it's because they are not playing hard.

The losses to all the teams like the O's, Royals, Indians, don't know what to say. Our pitching isn't always great against those teams, either.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 05:38 AM)
I doubt it. Players really don't think like fans. Players don't like leaving an organization they played for most of their career. He'll be back.

Hope so.

I'd think our roller coaster season would wear on any player who truly cares. And Konerko obviously cares. Tonight's getting hit in the face proves that, homering in his next at bat. Wow.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)

Ramirez will have 60 errors at shortstop without a good defensive first baseman

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)

The Twins don't beat themselves very often. The Sox do this or play down to the lower level of competition.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
I'm torn on the "playing hard" thing.

I think the Sox play hard. They came back tonight only to implode.

When things are going bad, the Sox never get the big hit. I don't think it's because they are not playing hard.

The losses to all the teams like the O's, Royals, Indians, don't know what to say. Our pitching isn't always great against those teams, either.

The White Sox are not mentally tough.

Watch some of the real good teams.

Those guys are gamers not grinders.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 11:39 PM)
Hope so.

I'd think our roller coaster season would wear on any player who truly cares. And Konerko obviously cares. Tonight's getting hit in the face proves that, homering in his next at bat. Wow.

Not really. They were still playing some meaningful baseball this month. I think any player would want that and I'm sure the team wants to win 90. That would be some momentum for them going into next year.

I hope that happens since I thought they would only win 78 games.