And that's a White Sox season!

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
Alright, I hate the Twins. That said, I hope they win the f***ing World Series. I'm one of those idiots that always want the AL to win and I don't want the Yankees winning yet another. Another (rare) World Series win for the AL Central. Hate 'em all you want, they're good, way better than the White Sox...sad as that is.

They've pretty much been way better than everyone the second half. Thats the reason why the Sox didnt run away with it at one point.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but where does everybody get the idea that we had a chance against them this season?

This was just the inevitable conclusion. They've OWNED us all year, not just part of it, but all of it.

They're 46-16 since the All-Star Break. They wail on good teams like Texas and make quick work of teams like KC.

They are 9-1 their last ten games, we are 3-7.

They simply are, and have been in all year, a way better team than us and everybody else in the division. We'll see how far that gets them in the playoffs.

But I don't get people here acting like we coulda, shoulda, had this. We've been wobbling since the ASB, we screwed the pooch in August, and only a prayer and a Twins losing streak was going to save us in September--and if you have to pin your hopes on prayers and other teams doing the winning for us, you're f*cked.

I'm disappointed too but I'm not going to kid myself that we ever really had a chance. The one positive I will take from this season is that at the end of May, we were looking to be the last place team, we were that bad. We had a remarkable streak (and when was the last time THAT happened, streaks that long?) and we managed to keep it interesting until, arguably, the Detroit series where we lost 3 out of 4.

That's just the way it lined up this year. Just like we couldn't be caught in 2005, this is their year. I'm not going to go stomping off into the night deluding myself that we were this/close to glory if it hadn't been for Ozzie/KW/f*cking Jenks/Ozzie/the DH-by-committee.

I'm going to two more games and going to enjoy them just to enjoy some ball. We definitely have some pieces in place for 2011, assuming Peavy makes it back.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 16, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
Bulls***. They take cheap shots, throw at batters intentionally, beat s***ty teams on luck and then lose in the first round in the playoffs. If you want to admire a team like that and congratulate them that's fine --but why don't you do it on a Twins board?

You couldn't sound like more of a sore loser. This team beats us on a consistent basis and runs this division. They are better than us, and they are run better from top to bottom.

I'm disappointed too but I'm not going to kid myself that we ever really had a chance.

We definitely had a chance.

We were 4.5 games up at one point. We had a real chance.

Sox stood pat aside from the ridiculous Jackson deal. Sox were a dysfunctional team again, doing some strange ass things, but the Sox definitely had a chance.

Going 5-13 against Minnesota is incomprehensible. Eight games right there? Give me a f***ing break, White Sox.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
You couldn't sound like more of a sore loser. This team beats us on a consistent basis and runs this division. They are better than us, and they are run better from top to bottom.

So?

No doubt they are the better team this year. Show me where I ever denied that. But I refuse to slobber all over them for repeatedly drilling the Sox' hitters, high fiving their thug after his thuggish behavior cost them a run and an out when he got a cheap shot into AJ's face to send the Sox a message, and especially after hitting Paulie in the face and then hitting Pierre later in the game even after warnings were issued.

A sore loser would whine about losing or not making the playoffs because of something they falsely perceived as unfair -- you know, like the Twins fans and many in their organization did in 2008. I readily admit they beat the Sox and earned the 2010 AL Central title. But I'm not going to fawn all over them on a White Sox message board or root for them in the playoffs.

I hope the Yankees/Rays sweep 'em.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

I love how the Twins are somehow the epitome of playoff failure because they keep losing to the Yankees every year. The other years they've made it they lost to the Angels, the eventual World Series champion in 2002, and the A's in 2006 (the latter being the only year in which you could say they choked).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
I love how the Twins are somehow the epitome of playoff failure because they keep losing to the Yankees every year. The other years they've made it they lost to the Angels, the eventual World Series champion in 2002, and the A's in 2006 (the latter being the only year in which you could say they choked).

wasn't that the series where Liriano blew out his arm?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)

Why do we care how the Twins are perceived?

I repeat a common mantra, "f*** the twins."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
Why do we care how the Twins are perceived?

I repeat a common mantra, "f*** the twins."

I don't care. All I care about is that they're our daddy. I don't care if they lose their next 40 playoff games.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)

2-12 in their last 4 playoff series

6-18 overall record in the Gardenhire era.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)

They arent the epitome of failure, but then again they make the playoffs and havent won a title in so long. Thats considered failure in today's sports world. Like it or not, thats how it is. The Cubs lost to the eventual champion Marlins, does that lessen the loss?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
They arent the epitome of failure, but then again they make the playoffs and havent won a title in so long. Thats considered failure in today's sports world. Like it or not, thats how it is. The Cubs lost to the eventual champion Marlins, does that lessen the loss?

Rock, let me ask you this, does the fact that the Twins have struggled in the playoffs make you any less frustrated about how they've been able to clown us most of the last 10 years? Because it doesn't give me any satisfaction at all.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 02:49 AM)
Rock, let me ask you this, does the fact that the Twins have struggled in the playoffs make you any less frustrated about how they've been able to clown us most of the last 10 years? Because it doesn't give me any satisfaction at all.

For me, it's like if my college team loses in the first round of the NCAA Tournament to another team, and that team goes on to lose in the next round. That doesn't make me feel any better about my team not advancing.

Shouldn't it be the opposite?

We should be more upset the Twins haven't advanced very far or done well in the playoffs, because that makes our own losses to them during the regular season look even worse?

If they were a great team, then it would be a stronger argument supporting either the players, Guillen or KW.

I mean, I get the bigger point...it's almost impossible for me to root for them. Appreciate them, fine. Then again, I'm SO tired of this argument about the Twins' lack of playoff success and only beating the A's that I'd rather they at least made it to the World Series and then lost so it would be 100%, patently/clearly obvious we needed to step up our efforts to compete with them instead of this 85-90 win goal and "fixing things at the Break" idea which hasn't worked well at all the last two years.