9/19 ESPN Sunday Night Baseball- Tigers @ Sox

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
This is Kenny Williams. (if he's still here) No prospect is safe. :P

I wouldn't mind a thread on some of the knowledgeable posters here on who they would keep and who they wouldn't. I have my personal preference, but I'll be interested to hear some of you guys opinions.

With a team this bad and owner who is not going to spend like a major market owner, there are no untouchables.

Everybody in the organization can be and should be available.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
Kenny needed another baseball card to add to the collection. I mean...it's like having a really hot girl way after her prime. She isn't worth damn any more, but at least you can say you had her.

Kenny has been a terrible GM for a few years now.

Believe me.. theres alot of girls like that for me who were incredible in high school back in the day... a few babies/beer guts later... yikes.. but I still wanna say I "tapped that."

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
Kenny needed another baseball card to add to the collection. I mean...it's like having a really hot girl way after her prime. She isn't worth damn any more, but at least you can say you had her.

Kenny has been a terrible GM for a few years now.

Hmm... Kenny is doing a pretty good job than, Frank, Jr, Manny would have been a nice middle of the order in the prime of their careers

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
"I don't think Viciedo is ready. That's my opinion," said Guillen of the 21-year-old Cuban. "To play in the big leagues? You see a good couple of at-bats here and there, but to get a good 500 at-bats, I would think about it. "He's still far away from being here, a year away or maybe two years away. I don't know how far away. Right now, I don't think he can perform every day. We have to wait and see in Spring Training how mature he is and how he comes back. It's good for him to taste a little bit of the big league level and how people do stuff here."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnerId=rss_cws

Dear Ozzie,

f*** off.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
totally agree....in a way, I want to see us lose every game the next two weeks

I have never wished for the Sox to lose.

But if that's what it takes to wake that joke of an owner up, then so be it.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 04:25 AM)
totally agree....in a way, I want to see us lose every game the next two weeks

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 04:26 AM)
Nahh. I'm not going to give in to the "Manny should retire" "He sucks" "dump him" cult around here.

1.) I want us to win every game. It's a flaw in my fandom. I seek wins.

2.) I resent you calling it a cult when my Jenks love was criticized roundly and I was in a one-man cult I guess. Your love of Manny is as perplexing as my love for Bobby (to some).

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
The real question is, what former superstars are still lurking in the majors that KW can add to his collection? I keep thinking Ivan Rodriguez will wear a Sox jersey soon, same with T. Hunter.

Allen Iverson?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
The real question is, what former superstars are still lurking in the majors that KW can add to his collection? I keep thinking Ivan Rodriguez will wear a Sox jersey soon, same with T. Hunter.

haa haa...Yea I wonder. Is there anyone left from the 1996 Indians we could obtain?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
Well, I just disagree with the bolded, not much more to it than that. As for the 2nd part, I do agree completely with that but I still fully expect to see him get moved.

Teahen will be packaged with either Danks or Floyd in the offseason, that's my prediction

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
Remember the last time we had pick #18? Two words and a third for good measure. Josh Fields. b****es.

Ya, but I like the latest drafting we've had. Jared Mitchell has alot of promise and he was a late first. I'm not gonna count Sale or Beckham who were of course higher.