Official Squared Circle Thread

If you're really interested in seeing Joe at his best, find some of his stuff from Ring of Honor. Especially during his title run.

Will do! :)

I think there are decent women wrestlers in both companies. The thing is, to me, there is not that much difference between a bad women's wrestler and a good one these days...except Lacey, who is dreadful and awkward and hot.

This is very true

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
If you're really interested in seeing Joe at his best, find some of his stuff from Ring of Honor. Especially during his title run.

Samoa Joe v CM Punk II - first 5 star match in the US in 20 years (and it was in Chicago!)

Also, Joe's first TNA three-way with AJ & Daniels is f***ing brilliant as well.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
I don't follow wrestling at all, so I'm not really sure if he is a "name" in the Chicago circuit, but my uncle Ed Chuman died today, and was in the business for quite some time.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/44351/lon...s-away.html?p=1

I'm sorry for your loss, Tony. Sorry to say, I don't recognize his name, but that was a nice writeup they gave him. Sounds like he was well-liked.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
TNA promising debut of a major superstar acquisition at the Genesis PPV. Any guesses?

Anderson (Kennedy) has been telling people he will debut tomorrow or at the next tapings. Yawn.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 12:08 PM)
TNA also has Amazing Red vs. a mystery opponent. There were rumors that Brian Kendrick was coming in, so maybe it'll be him for that match.

major acquisition indeed

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
major acquisition indeed

I don't think he is the mystery guy they are promoting. I'm sure like other have said it'll be Kennedy since he was on the Hogan tour. We'll find out tomorrow night, I'm pretty excited about the show.

I've also seen the pic of Sid

http://api.ning.com/files/bhsjXHxUuZ...RFWN4E/108.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/m*DAeS2pX5...pcNUwe/107.jpg

Not good. Never was a fan of him.

I also think Kendrick will be the one facing Red and taking the title.

And ditto on the kennedy, I just don't see how hes the MAJOR signing.

could be Goldberg or RVD.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)
TNA promising debut of a major superstar acquisition at the Genesis PPV. Any guesses?

It's Kennedy. He's the only one from the Hulkamania tour that hasn't debuted yet.

But you're right....... yawwwwwwwwwwwwn.

I keep hearing Goldbergs name being thrown around. I highly doubt that happens, im pretty sure the WWE ruined him for wrestling, and he wasnt much into it anyways. He couldnt stand being anything but a face, he always wanted a squash match, a storyline that favored him. I just dont see those conditions being met for him in TNA

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
I keep hearing Goldbergs name being thrown around. I highly doubt that happens, im pretty sure the WWE ruined him for wrestling, and he wasnt much into it anyways. He couldnt stand being anything but a face, he always wanted a squash match, a storyline that favored him. I just dont see those conditions being met for him in TNA

IMO, Goldberg was a major factor in ruining WCW. I know he boosted their ratings, but after a while (for me, it was very early in his run) he just got stale and repetitive. He had no talent whatsoever, but the crowds ate up his squashes. I hated it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
IMO, Goldberg was a major factor in ruining WCW. I know he boosted their ratings, but after a while (for me, it was very early in his run) he just got stale and repetitive. He had no talent whatsoever, but the crowds ate up his squashes. I hated it.

Yeah I agree, at the end it was pretty lame. Once the streak officially ended, he wasnt much of a bigtime hype anymore, and then he had like 3 injuries that kept him out for long periods of time. Combine that with everyone being in the NWO and the matches completely sucking, and WCW started swirling down the toilet at an accelerated rate

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
Apparently the links in my previous posts weren't working with sid's new look. Here is an updated image:

sidlonghair.jpg

that's badass, I don't know why you guys don't like it..

At least he isn't rocking the curly mullet anymore

From pwinsider

By Mike Johnson on 2010-01-17 13:05:54

Say goodbye to the six-sided ring. TNA has a traditional four-sided ring set up in the Impact Zone for tonight's Genesis PPV.

TNA had been using the six-sided ring since debuting at Universal Studios in May 2004 for their first Impact taping.

http://pwinsider.com/article/44376/major-c...is-ppv.html?p=1