Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
I think you misunderstood that angle. It was to get over the Royal Rumble, not to split up DX. They're a huge cash cow for WWE right now. I dont see them "splitting" anytime soon.

With that being said, I say they split by WM.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Now that I think about it, I can see HBK facing Undertaker. HBK has been talking about taking a long time off to let his body heal, and losing to Undertaker would let Taker keep his title and go out/retire with his streak intact, and Michaels can quietly go away until September or whenever he feels like making his return

So basically the exact same thing that happened last year..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Did HBK ever leave? I cant remember if he did, seems like he is always there

Yeah. After he lost to Taker, he was gone til HHH needed help vs. Legacy in Sept or so.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
Yeah. After he lost to Taker, he was gone til HHH needed help vs. Legacy in Sept or so.

damn. I didnt even notice.

Well good news is that Edge is close to returning, they were shooting for Mania so we will see what happens. Maybe he will be contestant #30 in the rumble

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
Personally - I'd enjoy a HEEL HBK vs a FACE HHH @ Wrestlemania, from my knowledge that's never been done before.

But WM is shaping up - could be HHH vs. Sheamus (whack... HHH title at wrestlemania is just bad.)

HBK Vs. Undertaker (i dont like this one much either, would be a good match again, but no reason for it to happen twice)

Cena vs. The Rock (Doubtful but if it worked, it'd be cool, the only Cena match that I'd accept :P)

MITB (Kofi? Christian? CM Punk? THE MIZZ!!!!)

Mysterio vs. CM Punk has been talked about in some hair vs mask match, thatd be awesome

I never knew the word "whack" was so diverse. I've seen you use it today to describe wrestling, a racist basketball league, and a hurricane.

But really, Michaels (from what I've heard about what's going on in wrestling now) seems to be the most obvious choice for Undertaker at WrestleMania.

I never knew the word "whack" was so diverse. I've seen you use it today to describe wrestling, a racist basketball league, and a hurricane.

Whack = terrible = bad = not cool 8)

But really, Michaels (from what I've heard about what's going on in wrestling now) seems to be the most obvious choice for Undertaker at WrestleMania.

I still just can't see it happening unless one of them is retiring.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Did HBK ever leave? I cant remember if he did, seems like he is always there

Haha yeah man, like it was literally exactly what you said the only difference was taker wasn't champ..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
Haha yeah man, like it was literally exactly what you said the only difference was taker wasn't champ..

that right there proves how stale WWE has been in the past 3 years for me. I watch it, but I retain nothing.

that right there proves how stale WWE has been in the past 3 years for me.

Stale is the number one word to describe WWE IMO.

They have all these flashy pyro, super company, celebrities, but the product always ends up stale. NEW TALENT IS NEEDED! Once HHH, HBK, Undertaker retire among others - it should get more fresh.

Edited by CryptviLL

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)
Stale is the number one word to describe WWE IMO.

They have all these flashy pyro, super company, celebrities, but the product always ends up stale. NEW TALENT IS NEEDED! Once HHH, HBK, Undertaker retire among others - it should get more fresh.

HHH is going to be around for quite a while. Taker will be gone soon, HBK might be around Flair-style on and off for a while too.

So Hogan goes from Face to Douche in one fell swoop:

Hulk Hogan appeared on The Bubba The Love Sponge radio show Tuesday morning to discuss the shock jock's altercation with Awesome Kong the previous day. Courtesy of www.angrymarks.com, here is a transcript of the discussion:

BUBBA: She was wearing wrestling gear, and she came in on me and sucker punched me right on my left cheek, and I was like, what’s going on… then she came out me again, hit me again in the mouth, and she goes, “This if for Haiti! This is for Haiti!” and I’m like “What is going on?” Then she hits me again… Finally I put my left hand out and push her away from me, and she comes at me again and I just cover up, because I cannot fight back on a woman. Not only will I be fired from TNA, which I probably am, but my radio career is gone if I take a woman out!

HOGAN: I tell you what, though, after what happened, if you had clocked her you’d have got away with it.

BUBBA: Maybe on the streets I’d have gotten away with it, but, how would the media have spun that had I clocked her?

HOGAN: What nobody knows, and this is the real truth, that there were certain people there, y’know, and of course they have to run it by me and Dixie… she should get off the property, she should be fired immediately, that’s it. It was so violent. You could have actually lost an eye, you could have had your teeth knocked out. But, to give you your creedo, you are the one who said no, don’t fire her.

BUBBA: No, I don’t want you to fire her.

MANSON: Now, I’m confused. Does Hogan think that this is a funny incident?

BUBBA: No, no he’s not. He knows how serious it is. He was being a dick earlier… but I don’t think he agrees with it. And, you know what, they said we were going to fire her and I said no, don’t fire her. Now, if she’s done other stuff, I can’t help what happens to her on other situations, but don’t fire her for sucker punching me, I don’t want to cost anybody their job.

HOGAN: I think this is really just the beginning of a match made in heaven.

BUBBA: No, that’s fine… that’s fine. But I tell you one thing, Hogan. If you… you better not call it pro wrestling, you might as well put the cage up and make it MMA because I will not work, I promise you that. You’re not going to embarrass me like that, and be that much of a loose cannon in this industry

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Hogan sticking up for his friends.. WCW 2.0 ...

sighhhh

We tried to tell you! lol

I dont compare this really to WCW though. I compare this to the truly awful things Hogan said about the braindead friend of Nick Hogan. Hogan has no concept of the real world

Just watched Mr Anderson's return promo on YouTube.

Eh. It was just "okay". Not terrible, but nothing memorable.

And "MISSSSSSSTERRRRRRR.......ANNNNNDERSONNNN" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

That said, I still think he can be a solid part of that roster and that show.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
Yes - TNA has a solid roster no doubt - I may tune into it a bit tonight, see if they add some real direction.

They taped all their shows leading up to the next PPV already, so the spoilers look like a real mess.

Hopefully, they can edit it to make sense.

Oh, and Kong gave her notice to TNA after the Bubba The Talentless Hack incident.

They taped all their shows leading up to the next PPV already, so the spoilers look like a real mess.

Hopefully, they can edit it to make sense.

What??? Wow. Insane. They just take a month off now or? lol....

Oh, and Kong gave her notice to TNA after the Bubba The Talentless Hack incident.

More power to kong!

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
What??? Wow. Insane. They just take a month off now or? lol....

Maybe they run some house shows to generate some income? I dunno.

More power to kong!

Absolutely. I hope Vince signs her, but I read that most of the time TNA will talk things out with their workers when they give notice. I bet they convince her to stay.

Impact was all over the place.

Hall was hilarious when he called Xpac cheech, lol

Did I miss something when Hogan said that Nash needed to let them(the band) know that they needed to be better, then he transitioned to throwing them out on the next segment? Was there something in between that angered Hogan that I missed while channel surfing or did Hogan just go to the ring and kick them out of the Impact zone?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
Impact was all over the place.

Hall was hilarious when he called Xpac cheech, lol

Did I miss something when Hogan said that Nash needed to let them(the band) know that they needed to be better, then he transitioned to throwing them out on the next segment? Was there something in between that angered Hogan that I missed while channel surfing or did Hogan just go to the ring and kick them out of the Impact zone?

You didn't miss anything. They started to walk to the ring and Hogan stopped them, told them they didn't work there and kicked them out of the building.

And yeah, Impact was really scattered. Hopefully they can start to gain some kind of focus soon.

Bleh... Impact is starting to turn me off :(. Sigh. At least that fun Royal Rumble is coming up, that is always nice to watch. Cept when 20 wrestlers ALMOST get eliminated by being thrown over the ropes then feet dangling and miraculous recovery.

Kennedy.um.er.Anderson's promo last night was complete garbage.

Throwing shots at E for not giving him opportunities. They gave him every opportunity and every chance and he continuously screwed himself. The guy is a decent talker guy nothing special in the ring. I love the "overrated" chants.

I did like how Abyss was behind him for his whole interview reacting and Anderson didn't notice.