Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)
Kennedy.um.er.Anderson's promo last night was complete garbage.

Throwing shots at E for not giving him opportunities. They gave him every opportunity and every chance and he continuously screwed himself. The guy is a decent talker guy nothing special in the ring. I love the "overrated" chants.

I did like how Abyss was behind him for his whole interview reacting and Anderson didn't notice.

I thought the Abyss behind him thing was funny. Heh.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 09:13 AM)
I did too, and I rarely pop for anything Orton does. Its Tropic Sun vs The Ghost

The Orange vs The White in a Dreamsicle Death Match!!!

I couldn't make it to the end of Raw last night. It was really below average, even by Raw standards.

Oh, come on now. Really. Enough.

(Sources: Mediaweek, PWInsider.com)

-- According to honkytonkman.net, former WWE Superstar The Honky Tonk Man is close to signing a deal with TNA.

"Honky Tonk Man is very close to signing with TNA! HTM has been in contact with TNA since early December," reads a note from the webmaster.

My first, second and third thought was:

What the hell is taking Brutus Beefcake so long to sign???

Haha WTF?

WWE is developing a sitcom starring Santino Marella and co-starring Vladimir Kozlov as his best friend and Beth Phoenix as his girlfriend, according to a report by AOL. The Web site also said that the show will air initially on wwe.com and then WWE will try and shop it to networks.

Is this a joke?

It very well could be. I don’t doubt that a scripted comedy show could be in the works for WWE’s Web site, but I have to question whether there’s anything more to it than that. Marella, who rarely breaks character in media interviews, is quoted in the story and he sounds as if he might have been working the reporter.

“They call me the next one to cross over, the next Hollywood star. ... It will air at first on the dot com, then after that we will get it to a network television,” he said.

One would think that USA Network, the home of WWE's flagship show, would get first dibs on such a project, but an executive from the network told AOL that he knows nothing about it and the company is not actively looking for sitcoms.

Marella is a talented guy for sure, but if his appearance with Kozlov last week on ECW is an indication of what the show will be like, I would suggest that WWE use a laugh track instead of filming before a live studio audience.

WWE is developing a sitcom starring Santino Marella and co-starring Vladimir Kozlov as his best friend and Beth Phoenix as his girlfriend, according to a report by AOL. The Web site also said that the show will air initially on wwe.com and then WWE will try and shop it to networks.

Is this a joke?

It very well could be. I don’t doubt that a scripted comedy show could be in the works for WWE’s Web site, but I have to question whether there’s anything more to it than that. Marella, who rarely breaks character in media interviews, is quoted in the story and he sounds as if he might have been working the reporter.

“They call me the next one to cross over, the next Hollywood star. ... It will air at first on the dot com, then after that we will get it to a network television,” he said.

One would think that USA Network, the home of WWE's flagship show, would get first dibs on such a project, but an executive from the network told AOL that he knows nothing about it and the company is not actively looking for sitcoms.

Marella is a talented guy for sure, but if his appearance with Kozlov last week on ECW is an indication of what the show will be like, I would suggest that WWE use a laugh track instead of filming before a live studio audience.

OMGG!! I uh.. may watch...

Trips is supposed to win the upcoming Royal Rumble according to spoilers

big surprise

More fail :(

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 08:07 AM)
I was actually considering buying this Royal Rumble. This possible spoiler makes it very unlikely that I will.

I always get Rumble, Mania, Survivor Series. I think the Rumble winner is unpredictable. Every year, HHH is predicted to win it, blah blah blah. I hold that rumor with a grain of salt.

I still think it will be HHH vs. HBK at Mania.

I watched a bit of Smackdown last night and Morrison cut the best promo I have ever seen him do towards McIntyre. It wasnt ground breaking or amazing by any means, but Morrison has always been a bit stiff on the mic, and this time he really followed through and said some interesting things that he wouldnt normally say. Of course, then he lost to McIntyre, but oh well

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 07:39 AM)
I watched a bit of Smackdown last night and Morrison cut the best promo I have ever seen him do towards McIntyre. It wasnt ground breaking or amazing by any means, but Morrison has always been a bit stiff on the mic, and this time he really followed through and said some interesting things that he wouldnt normally say. Of course, then he lost to McIntyre, but oh well

Drew McIntyre is sooooo bad in the ring. Sooo vanilla. But, he's HHH's friend. Morrison is top notch. Hope he is in the World Heavyweight Title picture by summer.

So I Guess Jericho and Helms were arrested in a fight.

Randy Orton about it on TMZ: http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&am...ed-231ef330092d

Breaking News: Chris Jericho Arrested

Article By: Ryan Clark | Posted on: January 28, 2010, 11:43am

Discuss This With Other Fans! [››]

Source: PWInsider.com

According to a source, WWE stars Chris Jericho and Gregory Helms were arrested Wednesday morning in Kenton County, KY around 5 a.m. They were arrested by the Erlanger (KY) Police Department. Both men were charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place.

According to the source, they were both bonded out in about an hour. Kenton County is close to Cincinnati, OH. That is where WWE SmackDown! was taped last night.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
Sadly, I know I'll look hard for a stream for the actual rumble match, I always got a kid-like enjoyment out of the rumble match.

In my many years of watching wrestling, the best match I've ever seen was when Flair came in at either one or two and won it, it was tremendous and Bobby The Brain's commentary makes it epic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
In my many years of watching wrestling, the best match I've ever seen was when Flair came in at either one or two and won it, it was tremendous and Bobby The Brain's commentary makes it epic

I'd definitely say that was the best Rumble ever.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
So I Guess Jericho and Helms were arrested in a fight.

Randy Orton about it on TMZ: http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&am...ed-231ef330092d

Breaking News: Chris Jericho Arrested

Article By: Ryan Clark | Posted on: January 28, 2010, 11:43am

Discuss This With Other Fans! [››]

Source: PWInsider.com

According to a source, WWE stars Chris Jericho and Gregory Helms were arrested Wednesday morning in Kenton County, KY around 5 a.m. They were arrested by the Erlanger (KY) Police Department. Both men were charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place.

According to the source, they were both bonded out in about an hour. Kenton County is close to Cincinnati, OH. That is where WWE SmackDown! was taped last night.

haha man Orton is such a pimp

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
I would push my mom down the stairs just for the music alone.

Isn't that an old Arn Anderson line?

Along with, "I'd slap my momma in the mouth for 50 cents!"

About a year ago, my friend and I watched a Royal Rumble from the early 90's (might have been late 80's). I remember having a discussion about how we can make an argument that each one of the contestants could be put into the hall of fame. Now you watch, and there's about 5 guys like that and you can guarantee just a couple have a chance of actually winning.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
About a year ago, my friend and I watched a Royal Rumble from the early 90's (might have been late 80's). I remember having a discussion about how we can make an argument that each one of the contestants could be put into the hall of fame. Now you watch, and there's about 5 guys like that and you can guarantee just a couple have a chance of actually winning.

The stipulation that the winner gets the main event at Mania really pigeon holes it. I have always hated it.