Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
I put it on my ipod yesterday. Was excited until your review.

I will probably still listen to it since you're such a mark, Critic.

You still need to listen to it just to hear his Fuji/Tanaka story.

Yikes if it's real, which I doubt.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Wasn't me but it was my idea to unpin some of the threads. So you guys got the boot apparently. Har har har. :bringit :D

For the crappy winter Olympics? Booooooo! I take your beer away as punishment!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 06:29 AM)
TNA, just WTF.

They have some good things (AJ Styles, Velvet Sky) and some crappy things (Hogan/Bischoff/The Band).

Samoa Joe is so average on the mic. He has gotta be one of the more overrated wrestlers today. Maybe he is better as a monster heel but now? Uninteresting.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Dude....Fuji fed him his dog???

I don't believe it for one second. Fuji and Tanaka were multiple-time tag champs, so when exactly did Fuji "chase Tanaka out of a territory"?

Piper was full of s*** throughout that entire show.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
I don't believe it for one second. Fuji and Tanaka were multiple-time tag champs, so when exactly did Fuji "chase Tanaka out of a territory"?

Piper was full of s*** throughout that entire show.

I don't think Piper meant Pat Tanaka. He meant the big fat dude from the Bond movie.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
I don't think Piper meant Pat Tanaka. He meant the big fat dude from the Bond movie.

yeah, two different dudes, Sakata played Oddjob.

The interview was enjoyable, Roddy always works a little. It's not like Adam thought wrestling was a shoot and Roddy said he never took a dive, he was just basically saying for 17 years he never did the J-O-B, which I have no idea if that's true or not, but it was clear that Roddy knew that Adam knew wrestling is prearranged

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)

I didn't mean Pat Tanaka either.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profi.../fujitanaka.php

They won titles in three different territories, and worked together for at least 8 years, so what territory did Fuji kill Tanaka's dog to chase him away from?

It was clear to me that Piper was playing with, or trying to show off to, Carolla the entire show because he knew Carolla wasn't a wrestling fan.

Edited by The Critic

I don't think WWE does this often with young talent, but they may have dropped the ball with Elijah Burke. He has been having really good matches in TNA and is getting over.

Not even Anderson is annoying me as much as he did. I don't hate TNA right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:14 AM)
I don't think WWE does this often with young talent, but they may have dropped the ball with Elijah Burke. He has been having really good matches in TNA and is getting over.

Not even Anderson is annoying me as much as he did. I don't hate TNA right now.

Yeah, if TNA would just dial down the old guys a little, I think they'd have something good happening.

I don't have SighFigh, so I don't know how they used Burke in ECWWE. It could just be right place/right time/right name for him in TNA. I've enjoyed his work and his promos a lot. Good to see him getting a push - I expected him to lose the final, but I don't think Anderson needs the win as much. A good booking decision.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Yeah, if TNA would just dial down the old guys a little, I think they'd have something good happening.

I don't have SighFigh, so I don't know how they used Burke in ECWWE. It could just be right place/right time/right name for him in TNA. I've enjoyed his work and his promos a lot. Good to see him getting a push - I expected him to lose the final, but I don't think Anderson needs the win as much. A good booking decision.

He was just used on ECW. Nothing special. He was the leader of the "New Breed" in that angle. They should of put him on Smackdown and let him do his thing.

My buddy, in FCW, was told the first day if you ever see other wrestlers from TV, you should always politely introduce yourself and all that. He met Mickie James and Serena at the gym, and Edge at the last FCW show. Said everyone is nice when he meets them.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)

He was actually used pretty good in ECW, that was the problem though it was ECW..